    Is there a way or is there something wrong in what I am
    doing ?

    Amit
    Amit, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Amit

    Saga Guest

    Well, what I have seen is that when people start developing
    apps that involve servers, such as IIS, SQL Server or others,
    thy have 2 PCs, one set up as the server ad the development
    environment. It help if your development PC has more than one
    partition, where in one you have your develepoment environment
    and in the other you have a testbed. To keep the tesbed fresh,
    install Windows on it, plus securty patches SPs, etc and then
    use a product like Ghost or DriveImage to make a backup of
    the cleaninstall. Save that backup to the server or if size permits,
    to a CD.

    Yeah, I know, this involves more products and hardware that you
    might have or are willing to invest in. As for the IIS functionality,
    it might be cheaper if you go to hostng sites. Some of them have
    IIS and make it available to developers. I have never tried this, so
    I can't give you first hand experrience.

    Maybe something like this:
    http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Ms...CB26EB17B2E5FEF39C643D4BE8.TC61b?__frame=_top

    Good luck!
    Saga

    Saga, Oct 13, 2004

  3. You need XP Professional, Home Edition has its limits. Windows 2000
    Professional also works well.. if you can't afford XP Professional.
    concern parent, Oct 15, 2004