  1. Can you do the MCSD with VS .NET 2002 edition?

    Thanks.

    Mark
    Mark Alexander, Jul 16, 2004

  2. The tests focus on the Dot Net Framework and there are few enough differences that if you are comfortable with VS.Net 2002 you should be able to pass the test.

    Russ

    =?Utf-8?B?Ukxvc2tp?=, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Mark Alexander

    UAError Guest

    "Mark Alexander" <> wrote:

    >Can you do the MCSD with VS .NET 2002 edition?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Mark

    It shouldn't be too much of a problem, in fact Kalani's
    training guides were written before VS2003 was available
    http://www.amitkalani.com

    The most significant VS2002/VS2003 hickup I recall with the
    70-316 exercises was that a VS2003 Windows Forms Project
    DOES manage the application configuration file while VS2002
    does not - so in VS2002 editing the files in the /debug or
    /release directories will work, while in VS2003 it won't
    because VS2003 will replace them with a copy found in the
    project root.

    For a more high level comparison check out the "What's New"
    sections on these links
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/overview/whatsnew.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/productinfo/faq/default.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/productinfo/faq/default.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vjsharp/productinfo/faq/default.aspx

    However Microsoft is free to slip new questions into the
    testbanks any time they like and some questions could relate
    to .NET 1.1, though I couldn't think why they would be
    motivated to do so. If it were to happen I would guess that
    those questions would relate to .NET Framework Security.

    You would be well advised to get VS2005 when it appears (end
    1Q2005 I think) - for the MSCD.NET exams would probably be
    safe for another 6 months after that - no don't put it off,
    there will be even more to learn after .NET 2.0.
    UAError, Jul 16, 2004