    The 2nd one is supported by the Catalyst 4500.

    TIA,

    Alex.
    AM, Sep 18, 2006

  2. Walter Roberson, Sep 18, 2006

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    Walter Roberson wrote:
    > In article <yMAPg.113447$>, AM <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know the difference the 2 features?
    >>Or where to find it out?
    >>The 2nd one is supported by the Catalyst 4500.

    > VRF requires MPLS, but VRF-lite does not.
    >
    > http://www.techworld.com/networking/features/index.cfm?featureID=2753&pagtype=samecatsamechan

    OK, "lite" refers to non-MPLS.
    And VRF is a super-set of VRF-lite.
    I have seen so far that more features has been added to VFR by time from older release of IOS: for instance "DHCP server
    per VRF" and one by one a lot of other features (not strictly related to routing). So "lite" doesn't constrain this new
    features but MPLS environment, does it?

    Thank you Walter, your answer are always appreciated.

    Alex.
    AM, Sep 18, 2006
  4. AM

    peart