VPN with Linksys WRT54G v5

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The ants are driving me crazy, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. I have a Linksys WRT54G v5 router and everything works OK except I can
    not open a connection to my friends VPN. Does anyone have any tips?
    Is this a known problem with v5 of the WRT54G? I already called
    Linksys support and tried their suggestions, but they did not help.

    Linksys suggested the following:

    Cisco Interface (If your Setup page has a Cisco Logo)
    - Click on the Applications and Gaming Tab > Port forwarding > Enter
    the ports needed to be opened > Click Save Settings

    Regular Linksys Router Interface (If your Setup page has a no Cisco
    Logo)
    - Click on the Advance Tab > Port Forwarding Tab> Enter the ports
    needed to be opened > Click Apply

    (E.g. Given ports: 47- 47 - UDP&TCP, 50 - TCP, 500-500 - UDP
    and 1723 - UDP&TCP for VPN Application). For the IP address: Enter
    the IP address of the computer behind the router that will use the
    application: E.g. 192.168.1.101

    Customized Port Ranges Protocols IP address Enable
    Application From ~ To TCP UDP

    VPN 47 ~ 47 / / 192.168.1.101 /
    VPN 50 ~ 50 / 192.168.1.101 /
    VPN 1723 ~ 1723 / / 192.168.1.101 /
    VPN 500 ~ 500 / 192.168.1.101 /

    Hope this helps.

    Thank you and have a nice day.

    The ants are driving me crazy, Jan 23, 2006