VPN Tunnel question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Holz, Jun 14, 2007.

  1. Holz

    Holz Guest

    Hi all

    I am new to this groups/Cisco devices and looking for some guidelines in
    the following area.
    I need to create a VPN tunnel between two concentrators, one in LA one in
    Minneapolis. My network has
    515E pix
    DMZ
    concentrator 3000
    I need to NAT specific requests from my network to the remote network, So
    if someone is trying to resolve 165.63.x.x I want them to reach
    10.xxx.xxx.x on the other end via the VPN @ 198.xxx.xx.x
    The other side is already set as other partners can already browse,
    however they a different config than mine. I hope I explained my self
    properly. The purpose is to be able to browse the parent company Intranet.
    I would appreciate a reference to good doc. I have most of it set up,
    however some addresses do not resolve and I am trying to find out why.

    --
    TIA

    The next version of Windows? Windows piñata
    Piñatas are made from easily breakable materials.
    a bright container generally suspended on a rope from
    a tree branch or ceiling that is filled with candy and toys
    and is used during celebrations.
    A succession of blindfolded, stick-wielding
    children and some fun-loving adults
    will try to break the piñata in order
    to collect the candy
    (traditionally fruit, such as sugarcane) inside of it.
    Holz, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Holz

    ScottyC Guest

    On Jun 14, 3:00 am, Holz <> wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am new to this groups/Cisco devices and looking for some guidelines in
    > the following area.
    > I need to create a VPN tunnel between two concentrators, one in LA one in
    > Minneapolis. My network has
    > 515E pix
    > DMZ
    > concentrator 3000
    > I need to NAT specific requests from my network to the remote network, So
    > if someone is trying to resolve 165.63.x.x I want them to reach
    > 10.xxx.xxx.x on the other end via the VPN @ 198.xxx.xx.x
    > The other side is already set as other partners can already browse,
    > however they a different config than mine. I hope I explained my self
    > properly. The purpose is to be able to browse the parent company Intranet.
    > I would appreciate a reference to good doc. I have most of it set up,
    > however some addresses do not resolve and I am trying to find out why.
    >
    > --
    > TIA

    Hi Holz,

    Some addresses dont resolve? I assume this means your tunnel is up and
    working. Any chance you could psot the config for both ends of the
    tunnel? Could you also give some detail as to what is and is not
    resolving, specifically?

    Cheers
    Scotty C.
    ScottyC, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Holz

    Holz Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:52:01 -0700, ScottyC wrote:

    > Could you also give some detail as to what is and is not
    > resolving, specifically?

    Scotty

    Thanks for replying, I will put it all in a pdf with a link, since I got
    some snapshots.

    --
    TIA

    The next version of Windows? Windows piñata
    Piñatas are made from easily breakable materials. a bright container generally
    suspended on a rope from a tree branch or ceiling that is filled with candy
    and toys and is used during celebrations. A succession of blindfolded,
    stick-wielding children and some fun-loving adults will try to break the
    piñata in order to collect the candy inside of it.
    Holz, Jun 15, 2007
  4. Holz

    Holz Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:52:01 -0700, ScottyC wrote:

    > Could you also give some detail as to what is and is not

    On hold. We realized that some packets are routed from the pix to the vpn,
    and some not.
    so we try to browse 165.75.1x.8 and can see the tunnel coming up
    then we try 165.75.2x.4, and the packet is not even going to the tunnel
    the pix rule says 165.75.0.0 to 10.0.1.10 which is the vpn internal
    address.
    Can I go home now?

    --
    The next version of Windows? Windows piñata
    Piñatas are made from easily breakable materials. a bright container
    surrounded by blindfolded children breaking the
    piñata in order to collect the candy inside of it.
    Holz, Jun 16, 2007