    I use SDM on both devices.

    tnx,
    Ben.

    Ben Van Cauwenberghe, Jun 22, 2005

  2. In article <42b98051$0$324$>,
    Ben Van Cauwenberghe <> wrote:
    :I hace created a VPN tunnel between an cisco 831 en cisco 1841. Sofar so
    :good.

    :Now I would like to route ALL traffic from the 831 through the tunnel. How
    :can I do this?

    You can't. The encapsulating VPN packets themselves must go to
    (be routed to) your WAN router. You don't want *ALL* traffic *from* the
    831 to go through the VPN, you want all traffic from your LAN
    to go through the VPN -- the difference being what happens to
    traffic generated by the 831 itself [such as the VPN packets,
    and icmp ttl-exceeded, icmp unreachable, spanning tree, and so on.]

    :I use SDM on both devices.

    On the 831, define the tunnel destination as "any", and the tunnel
    source as the internal IP range of the 831. On the 1841, define
    the tunnel destination as the internal IP range of the 831, and
    the tunnel source as "any". And set up appropriate NAT on the 1841
    so that the internal IPs of the 831 range are translated into public
    IPs when they leave the 1841 destined for the world at large.
    --
    "Mathematics? I speak it like a native." -- Spike Milligan

    Walter Roberson, Jun 22, 2005