VPN through Cisco 827 / 837

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by melchiade, May 12, 2006.

  1. melchiade

    melchiade

    Joined:
    May 12, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Hello i am having avery bizare problem,
    i am setting up a vpn connection, as follows :

    WINXP---->CISCO827ADSL---->INTERNET---->CORPORATE

    i am using the windows XP VPN client to connect to my corporate server .

    when i am using a normal modem (ALCATEL speedstoucvh pro etc ) i can connect without any porblems.

    but when i connect my cisco router, it just dont work.
    i have tried with cisco 827 ans cisco 837, it just wont work .

    i started a configuration from scratch, it worked for some time, but then it just stopped, i switched my alcatel back and it worked, put cisco back again NOT WORKING.

    here is my router config:

    Building configuration...

    Current configuration : 1166 bytes

    version 12.2
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    no service password-encryption

    hostname VPN_RTR

    ip subnet-zero

    ip audit notify log
    ip audit po max-events 100

    interface Ethernet0
    ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    ip nat inside
    no ip mroute-cache
    hold-queue 100 out

    interface ATM0
    bandwidth 1025
    no ip address
    no ip mroute-cache
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    pvc 8/35
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 1

    dsl operating-mode auto
    dsl power-cutback 1
    hold-queue 208 in

    interface Dialer0
    bandwidth 1024
    ip address negotiated
    ip nat outside
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap callin
    ppp chap hostname promau@tplus
    ppp chap password 0 ******

    ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0
    ip http server

    access-list 8 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

    scheduler max-task-time 5000
    end

    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2006
    melchiade, May 12, 2006

  2. melchiade

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    WARNING: You Posted a Password that was in your config file please be aware u may have just enabled access to what ever promau@tplus is.

    unholy, May 13, 2006

  3. melchiade

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Did you mask it out, because it's masked out now.

    Are you noticing a lot of people joining here lately with heavy tech questions? I wonder what's up with that?

    The Modfather, May 14, 2006
  4. melchiade

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    i did notice that, dunno why that'd be though. "The truth is out there" Thank god it isn't in here with us hey :p

    XhArD, May 14, 2006
  5. melchiade

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    man i hardly know anything about routers and i could answer some of these questions, in fact i dont even have a router, i have palayed around with my friends web based admin that it :|, some ppl might find there answers lye within there manual.

    unholy, May 14, 2006
  6. melchiade

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I have a router and a Cisco firewall and all that, but I can't even pretend to know very much about the real technical details of networking, that's never been a strong suit of mine.

    The Modfather, May 14, 2006
  7. melchiade

    melchiade

    Joined:
    May 12, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    i can try to help yo out with some cisco stufss...so no clues for me ??

    melchiade, May 16, 2006
  8. melchiade

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Who me? No, no clues at all, color me clueless I'm afraid.

    The Modfather, May 18, 2006
  9. melchiade

    kishore14in

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    hey did u chek if the ADSL you are using is PPPoE or PPPoA..because looks like the config you are using is PPPoA but if your telco is offfering PPPoE this config might not work..let me know after you try.

    kishore14in, Aug 3, 2006