VPN site to site & Remote access VPN ( vpn client) over the same interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pasatealinux, Dec 17, 2007.

  1. pasatealinux

    pasatealinux

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Hello,

    I would like to know if is it possible to have VPN site to site & remote access VPN ( vpn client soft) configured on the same interface using a PIX 515.

    Currently I have a pix 515 with 2 wan interfaces conected directly to internet. One interface receives vpn site to site connections.
    Interface 2 receives remote access vpn ( vpn client soft ) but this interface is the default gateway.

    System is working but I have split-tunnel for remote users with vpn client soft. Then the traffic to our servers is tunneled & they can surf the internet not tunneling this traffic.

    Sometimes, the interesting traffic of the remote vpn client software is not tunneled ( I saw with ethereal ). But this happens only sometimes. I want to disable split-tunnel for vpn remote access clients.

    If I will disable split-tunnel for this vpn client's, then I think that they can't surf internet when they're connected to the vpn because the peer in the pix is also the default gw.

    That's why I ask you to set vpn site to site and vpn client's on the same wan interface ( not the default gateway .. the other one ).

    Any alternative ?

    Thanks a lot.

    pasatealinux, Dec 17, 2007

  2. pasatealinux

    pasatealinux

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Hello again, I want to have the vpn clients ( cisco vpn client software ) on the same interface where I have the vpn site2site tunnels. Is it possible ?

    Thanks.

    pasatealinux, Dec 17, 2007