VPN server in DMZ, topology questions and PIX network interface VLANs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by g18c@hotmail.com, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Im looking to have my VPN server in my DMZ. I have seen two topologies
    for doing this.

    One is where the VPN server has a second NIC connected to the internal
    lan.

    The other is where the VPN server routes packets through the firewall.
    I udnerstand this is more secure. I'm guessing i would need VLAN
    support on the VPN server? I would then send connected clients through
    the VPN_VLAN vlan on the dmz switch to the firewall where rules could
    be applied?

    Any quick pointers or config to add additional VLAN interfaces to PIX
    firewall ethernet ports?

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

    , Jan 19, 2007