VPN Say NO To Xerobank

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by DasFox, Jan 22, 2011.

  1. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    For all the information I've shared over Cryptohippie, Xerobank and
    Metropipe, you'd THINK some people would learn by now...!

    But I guess not...

    PEOPLE...I'd stay CLEAR of all 3 people...!

    I've been looking at VPN services out there for years...

    And then recently I've really been digging for the past 9 months...

    One of the best, as far as being real, upfront and seeing that it's
    the real deal you can trust is Bolehvpn...

    www.Bolehvpn.com

    The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
    owners participate...

    Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...

    But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
    DO NOT pass up...

    Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...

    STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,WHY...?

    Because well, LISTEN...they're known and they're a TARGET...

    PEOPLE, if you're going to be a GEEK or call yourself GEEK or TECH...

    Or dabble in my GEEK world then you need to PUT YOUR GEEK HAT on and
    start learning to think and UNDESTAND MY world.

    We're not shopping at the store here with Granny for sock hose...

    But for a product and I see people here seem to be going about all
    this just like they'd do something in the real world and it's not the
    way you want to play this game on the internet, otherwise one day it
    will BITE YOU...!...when THEY SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR...!!!!!!!!
    --
    These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
    faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
    DasFox, Jan 22, 2011

  2. DasFox

    caspian Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:44:20 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > For all the information I've shared over Cryptohippie, Xerobank and
    > Metropipe, you'd THINK some people would learn by now...!
    >
    > But I guess not...
    >
    > PEOPLE...I'd stay CLEAR of all 3 people...!
    >
    > I've been looking at VPN services out there for years...
    >
    > And then recently I've really been digging for the past 9 months...
    >
    > One of the best, as far as being real, upfront and seeing that it's
    > the real deal you can trust is Bolehvpn...
    >
    > www.Bolehvpn.com
    >
    > The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
    > owners participate...
    >
    > Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...
    >
    > But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
    > DO NOT pass up...
    >
    > Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...
    >
    > STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,WHY...?
    >
    > Because well, LISTEN...they're known and they're a TARGET...
    >
    > PEOPLE, if you're going to be a GEEK or call yourself GEEK or TECH...
    >
    > Or dabble in my GEEK world then you need to PUT YOUR GEEK HAT on and
    > start learning to think and UNDESTAND MY world.
    >
    > We're not shopping at the store here with Granny for sock hose...
    >
    > But for a product and I see people here seem to be going about all
    > this just like they'd do something in the real world and it's not the
    > way you want to play this game on the internet, otherwise one day it
    > will BITE YOU...!...when THEY SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR...!!!!!!!!

    I have kept Cryptohippo ;) as a back-up account for a long time. They
    are excellent. Good speeds. The exit node is Germany or Spain. And
    they are a 3 hop bunny service. I use Xerobank primarily and sometimes
    Cryptohippie, and every so often I use tor if I want a different IP.
    That's what tor does. You pay for a year up front though. I think it's
    35G a month for downloading. And it is $575 for a year.
    --
    A Billion for a Billion

    http://tinyurl.com/5qk8kl
    caspian, Jan 22, 2011

  3. DasFox

    heirophant Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:25:33 -0500, nix wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:44:20 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >
    >> The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
    >> owners participate...
    >>
    >> Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...
    >>
    >> But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
    >> DO NOT pass up...
    >>
    >> Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...
    >>
    >> STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,

    > DasFox, leave Stevie Topletz alone, My Wizard! He's as cute a around
    > baby pumpkin and I could eat him up and, of course d-o-w-n. ;)
    >
    > The fate of the free world hangs in the balance if Cutie Wizard is not
    > stopped ;0)
    >
    > Seriously? He doesn't owe anybody any explanations about a proprietary
    > product. Period (non menstrual? minstrel?) That is an issue separate
    > and apart from customer service.
    >
    > If he wants to see them dance, he does something he figures will get
    > right up their craw. The Wizard undoubtedly laughs his head off as he
    > watches the reactions. For he knows that no matter how many problems
    > a Xerobank customer may have, The Wizard and only My Wizard wields
    > the ultimate power - he can ignore the cries for help and watch the
    > poor customers twist in the wind. Ahh, the narcissistic drug of power
    > over others!!!!!
    >
    > I.O.W. if he wants to treat his customers like shit it's his
    > wizardry,,,;)
    >
    > No pussy for Foxie tonight? Or for PooseyII? Or PooseyEither?? ;)

    I haven't been happy with having only the Montreal-Amsterdam route.
    However, I've heard that the US nodes were taken down after complaints
    to ISPs. And I get that the xB team has been working very hard on the
    new Safehouse VM/OS, and on the new infrastructure to support it. I
    suspect that patching the old system has been a low priority.

    Although this has taken several years longer than initially promised,
    that's not at all unusual in software development. Also, based on
    discussions that I vaguely recall from the xB support forum, I believe
    that xB management/funders have requested several new features that
    have required considerable new effort. That's also not at all unusual
    in software development. Emerging privacy/security threats have driven
    some of that, I'm sure. I am doing my best to make Our Wizard look
    like a wonderful guy. ;)

    Anyway, I haven't lost my faith in xB. Consider me a fool, if you
    like. And BTW, I'm sure that our satirists on Wilders will have fun
    with this at my expense. So it goes.

    I'm too busy geolocating Frank "Ari" Camper to give six owl hoots ;0).
    And, yes, DasFox, it is software development and yes, it might take
    years too. ;)
    --

    http://heresmypants.weebly.com/
    heirophant, Jan 23, 2011
  4. DasFox

    Galicean Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:06:32 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    > Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
    > offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
    > Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
    > on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
    > leaking hardened by introspective analogies.
    >
    > The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
    > Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
    > sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
    > due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
    > official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
    > support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
    > weekend! Off to temple where the money is ;)

    None of your suggestions are working, you lying putz.

    Only one route is working for me. Your support team keeps insisting
    that these routes are up, but they are not. Wizard has been contacted
    multiple times, is not replying, and is doing nothing to resolve the
    problem.

    Wizard, I am one of many who is having the same problems. You are
    under-delivering your core services. Someone needs to contact me to
    get this resolved. And don't send another Shylocking Jew.
    Galicean, Jan 23, 2011
  5. DasFox

    heirophant Guest

    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    >> I'm too busy geolocating Frank "Ari" Camper to give six owl hoots ;0).
    >> And, yes, DasFox, it is software development and yes, it might take
    >> years too. ;)

    > Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
    > offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
    > Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
    > on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
    > leaking hardened by introspective analogies.

    Well, based on Steve's report that "USA exit nodes [were] taken
    offline during conversion to clarion network design", it appears that
    I heard wrong. I need to spend less time listening to nix and more
    time trollhunting Frank Camper-Silverstein ;)

    > The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
    > Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
    > sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
    > due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
    > official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
    > support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
    > weekend! Off to temple where the money is ;)

    Also, I was unclear. What I meant was that there had been complaints
    to XeroBank's US ISP(s) -- not to XeroBank's customers' ISPs (which,
    as you note, cannot be identified by observers of exit-node traffic).
    Each XeroBank node must connect to the internet through an ISP. Of
    course, I got this from nix so...;0)
    --

    http://heremypants.weebly.com/
    heirophant, Jan 23, 2011
  6. DasFox

    Galicean Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:14:52 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    > On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:10:02 -0500, Galicean wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:06:32 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    >> Advisor (wink) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
    >>> offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
    >>> Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
    >>> on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
    >>> leaking hardened by introspective analogies.
    >>>
    >>> The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
    >>> Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
    >>> sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
    >>> due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
    >>> official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
    >>> support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
    >>> weekend! Off to temple where the money is ;)

    >> None of your suggestions are working, you lying putz.
    >>
    >> Only one route is working for me. Your support team keeps insisting
    >> that these routes are up, but they are not. Wizard has been contacted
    >> multiple times, is not replying, and is doing nothing to resolve the
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> Wizard, I am one of many who is having the same problems. You are
    >> under-delivering your core services. Someone needs to contact me to
    >> get this resolved. And don't send another Shylocking Jew.

    > Users don't have to do anything different or even know about it, just
    > trust me or go blow it out your ass. ;) It just works if it wasn't
    > working before. For those it already worked for, it works better. For
    > those it is working better, it will work great. For those who it is
    > working great, it will work as well as a crucifixion on a cross. ;0)

    Garbage. Garbage for your fanbois and fangrrls. seriously its getting
    crappier than ever.....and super nonsense ......

    for those few fanbois here...... u r blinded by "love".....
    Galicean, Jan 23, 2011
  7. DasFox

    Galicean Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:34:51 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    Advisor (wink) wrote:

    > On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:21:13 -0500, Galicean wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:14:52 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
    >> Advisor (wink) wrote:

    >>> Users don't have to do anything different or even know about it, just
    >>> trust me or go blow it out your ass. ;) It just works if it wasn't
    >>> working before. For those it already worked for, it works better. For
    >>> those it is working better, it will work great. For those who it is
    >>> working great, it will work as well as a crucifixion on a cross. ;0)

    >> Garbage. Garbage for your fanbois and fangrrls. seriously its getting
    >> crappier than ever.....and super nonsense ......
    >>
    >> for those few fanbois here...... u r blinded by "love".....

    > Most issues users are experiencing are authfail. Authfail is returned
    > for a few reasons, the first being you have no service tokens in your
    > account, the second being that your tokens have expired (75GB/m,
    > expire on day 30), you have a payment error, you haven't made a
    > successful payment within 5 weeks (turboprivacy thus disabled)or blah
    > blah blah you idiots will believe any bullshit I spew. ;)
    >
    > Now, **** off and send money and STFU about not having service.

    Hey, go ****** yourself, Shylock. Here's what your crappy-assed
    service looks like, no auth fails, HookNose.

    http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5674/screenshot20110126at321.png

    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1685/screenshot20110126at318.png

    http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1564/screenshot20110126at317.png

    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1564/screenshot20110126at317.png
    Galicean, Jan 27, 2011
  8. DasFox

    GraciasMan

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I have been using XeroBank for 2 years and I LOVE them! I used HMA, PureVPN, ViperVPN, and my own Squid servers prior and I have never even considered cancelling with XB. I am not sure where you get your info, but I would say that I am somewhat of an authority on privacy matters online and have been under constant attacks by haters for several years and XeroBank has never folded, never cancelled me, never gave up my data, et al. HMA did. They folded the minute that Spamhaus threatened them, but XB did not. So, I will say you have had a negative experience that I cannot relate to (that or you are promoting a VPN that you have interest in).
    GraciasMan, Aug 27, 2012