    Messages:
    3
    I am new on these forums. Our IT group recently started allowing us to connect to the enterprise network via VPN. However, I am a little concerned about the security associated with it. Do you guys have any thoughts on it?
    Rakhi.Horace, Oct 12, 2008

  2. Rakhi.Horace

    artyfawkes

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hey there: I just saw your post. I am new on these forums as well. I believe VPN is already secure. We have a Cisco Systems with VPN client and it uses the same login as the PC.
    artyfawkes, Oct 25, 2008

  3. Rakhi.Horace

    Rakhi.Horace

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    2-factor authentication

    I was actually looking for some secondary security solution like 2-factor authentication. Does your company have that implemented? If your VPN has same login as the computer that would present some serious security issues if somoen gained access to your computer.
    Rakhi.Horace, Oct 27, 2008
  4. Rakhi.Horace

    Pritha.Ivan

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    I like to think of vpn as securing the system and 2-factor authentication as securing the people. Rakhi seems to be interested in layering a 2-factor solution on top of his (already secure) vpn to get his users to be a little more responsible.

    Pritha.Ivan, Nov 8, 2008
  6. Rakhi.Horace

    Pritha.Ivan

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    People are weak

    Pritha.Ivan, Nov 8, 2008
  7. Rakhi.Horace

    Pritha.Ivan

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    People are weak

    Pritha.Ivan, Nov 8, 2008
  8. Rakhi.Horace

    Pritha.Ivan

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    People are weak

    Pritha.Ivan, Nov 8, 2008
  9. Rakhi.Horace

    Nitra.Ambrose

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    One interesting device to leverage is your phone - Land Line or Cell Phone.

    This can be turned into the security token, which is all-ready deployed, IT department love that.
    Nitra.Ambrose, Nov 10, 2008