VPN Question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martin Schmid, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. I am working in an 'remote' office... we are only connected via internet to
    the main office. We are using IMAP to access the Exchange server at the
    main office.

    When we need to connect to the main office from the remote office, we use
    the Cisco VPN Client.

    However, when we do this, we loose access to remote office network
    resources. Also, this breaks the connection to our IMAP connection for
    email.

    I imagine it should be a relatively simple addition of a route to the VPN
    table to ensure that our local connections and IMAP connections work when
    connected via VPN, correct? Our network guy said it would require a total
    reconfiguration on the VPN, and he doesn't want to do it because other users
    from the main office use the VPN to access the main office when remote from
    the office (i.e., from home, hotel, etc...)

    Sorry, I don't know the specific hardware details... is this really that
    difficult of a task?

    --
    Thanks,
    Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE