    side with no luck.

    Any suggestions on what I can try next?

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On 2006-09-08, Mike <> wrote:
    > I have the cisco vpn client installed on windows xp. Other people
    > in my company connect using the vpn to a pix without issues. I
    > have the group and password and the client connects, but watching
    > the statistics screen I see packets go out but no packets come in.
    >
    > I know the client is connected, I just don't see anything. I have
    > tried to connect to a variety of IP addresses and ports on the VPN
    > side with no luck.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what I can try next?
    >
    > Mike

    Also, the box is windows xp sp 2, the cisco vpn client is 4.0.8, and
    the pix (which is working for other people) is 6.5(3). I have also
    played with the firewall on xp, even turning it off with no luck.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On 2006-09-08, Mike <> wrote:
    > On 2006-09-08, Mike <> wrote:
    >> I have the cisco vpn client installed on windows xp. Other people
    >> in my company connect using the vpn to a pix without issues. I
    >> have the group and password and the client connects, but watching
    >> the statistics screen I see packets go out but no packets come in.
    >>
    >> I know the client is connected, I just don't see anything. I have
    >> tried to connect to a variety of IP addresses and ports on the VPN
    >> side with no luck.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on what I can try next?
    >>
    >> Mike

    > Also, the box is windows xp sp 2, the cisco vpn client is 4.0.8, and
    > the pix (which is working for other people) is 6.5(3). I have also
    > played with the firewall on xp, even turning it off with no luck.
    >
    > Mike

    I think the issue may be that my linksys router/firewall is blocking
    the traffic inbound. I've set ports to redirect traffic to the pc and
    have put the pc in the 'dmz' so it is exposed, but no luck so far.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 8, 2006
  4. Mike

    Brian V Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-09-08, Mike <> wrote:
    >> On 2006-09-08, Mike <> wrote:
    >>> I have the cisco vpn client installed on windows xp. Other people
    >>> in my company connect using the vpn to a pix without issues. I
    >>> have the group and password and the client connects, but watching
    >>> the statistics screen I see packets go out but no packets come in.
    >>>
    >>> I know the client is connected, I just don't see anything. I have
    >>> tried to connect to a variety of IP addresses and ports on the VPN
    >>> side with no luck.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions on what I can try next?
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    >> Also, the box is windows xp sp 2, the cisco vpn client is 4.0.8, and
    >> the pix (which is working for other people) is 6.5(3). I have also
    >> played with the firewall on xp, even turning it off with no luck.
    >>
    >> Mike

    > I think the issue may be that my linksys router/firewall is blocking
    > the traffic inbound. I've set ports to redirect traffic to the pc and
    > have put the pc in the 'dmz' so it is exposed, but no luck so far.
    >
    > Mike

    It's most likely on the Pix side. Add the command "isakmp nat-traversal 20"

    Brian V, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On 2006-09-08, Brian V <die_spammer@no_spam.com> wrote:

    > "Mike" <> wrote in message

    >>> Also, the box is windows xp sp 2, the cisco vpn client is 4.0.8, and
    >>> the pix (which is working for other people) is 6.5(3). I have also
    >>> played with the firewall on xp, even turning it off with no luck.
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    >> I think the issue may be that my linksys router/firewall is blocking
    >> the traffic inbound. I've set ports to redirect traffic to the pc and
    >> have put the pc in the 'dmz' so it is exposed, but no luck so far.
    >>
    >> Mike

    > It's most likely on the Pix side. Add the command "isakmp nat-traversal 20"

    The PIX worked for other people in the company, but not me. Last night
    I replaced my Linksys BEFSR81 v1.0 with a Netgear VPN (forget the number).
    The VPN works now. I have plans to remove the PIX and replace it with
    another device, that's why I bought the non-Cisco replacement.

    Thanks for everyone's help.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 9, 2006