    but I can't get into other computers on the network. I can ping their ip and
    get reponses, but I can't connect via computer name or IP. any ideas on what
    I might try?

    Nick, May 25, 2006

  2. Nick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    news:T0odg.131931$k%3.102698@dukeread12...
    > Hi there, I'm installing a VPN setup for a client. I got a VPN router
    > setup for him and everything seemed to be running smoothly. but when I
    > connect via VPN from my computer at home to the network I just setup, I
    > will connect, but I can't get into other computers on the network. I can
    > ping their ip and get reponses, but I can't connect via computer name or
    > IP. any ideas on what I might try?

    What are you talking about?

    The only valid VPN endpoints are the following:

    1) Router to router or router to FW appliance - a hardware to hardware VPN
    solution.

    2) Software to software VPN client software on a client computer to VPN
    server software running on a VPN server computer.

    3) VPN client software dedicated to VPN server software running as part of
    the firmware of a FW appliance.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 26, 2006

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    > What are you talking about?
    >
    > The only valid VPN endpoints are the following:
    >
    > 1) Router to router or router to FW appliance - a hardware to hardware VPN
    > solution.
    >
    > 2) Software to software VPN client software on a client computer to VPN
    > server software running on a VPN server computer.
    >
    > 3) VPN client software dedicated to VPN server software running as part of
    > the firmware of a FW appliance.
    >
    > Duane :)

    I actually got it all set, not quite sure what was wrong but it's working
    perfectly now. I believe we are doing solution 2, but I could be wrong, my
    biz partnet set most of it up. thanks again for the response

    -Nick

    Nick, May 27, 2006