VPN over Wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Dan, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I have a remote location that has 3 computers (2 wireless / 1 wired).

    At this location they just install a new wireless router between the ISP
    router and wireless clients. It is on a seperate subnet from the hardwired
    clients. These users use Windows VPN to connect to my network here. For
    some reason one of the wireless connections can surf fine but the VPN won't
    connect. It times out. The wireless that will connect is on a laptop, the
    one that won't is a desktop. All are XP-Pro.

    I first thought the Wireless router was not routing properly but if one
    wireless works they all should. There network tech says the firewall on the
    wireless has been turned off.

    If I run trace route it times out after 22 hops. The wireless that works
    hits in 17 hops. The wired hit in 16 hops (does not hit wireless AP).

    The two computers that work take exactly the same path, the one that times
    out takes a different path. Are the routing tables some how tied the the
    NIC's MAC? Is there a way to flush the DNS in the PC

    Does Windows VPN have any timing tunables?

    Any ideas?

    Dan

    Dan, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Dan

    Guest Guest

    On the VPN Profile on the clients go to the
    Properties>Networking>TCP/IP>Advanced. There is a check
    box that should be checked "Use remote default gateway"

    Guest, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Dan

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    >Any ideas?