    despite using Google I cannot find it again. Does anybody know of one (or
    some form of tunnel that could be used with existing providers).

    JP

    Jeremy Porteous, Sep 11, 2007

  2. Jeremy Porteous

    aem Guest

    Jeremy Porteous wrote:
    > I am looking for a VOIP provider than uses VPN or some form of tunnel to get
    > over port blocking on SIP ports. I am sure I found one previously, but
    > despite using Google I cannot find it again. Does anybody know of one (or
    > some form of tunnel that could be used with existing providers).

    I'm not aware of any that do this, but you could probably run Open VPN
    on a xen/dedi/colo'ed machine in this country and connect to it from
    wherever you are..

    alex

    aem, Sep 11, 2007

  3. Jeremy Porteous

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:15:04 +0100, aem <> wrote:

    >Jeremy Porteous wrote:
    >> I am looking for a VOIP provider than uses VPN or some form of tunnel to get
    >> over port blocking on SIP ports. I am sure I found one previously, but
    >> despite using Google I cannot find it again. Does anybody know of one (or
    >> some form of tunnel that could be used with existing providers).

    >I'm not aware of any that do this, but you could probably run Open VPN
    >on a xen/dedi/colo'ed machine in this country and connect to it from
    >wherever you are..
    >
    >alex
    >

    >> JP

    Voxalot.com did plan to introduce operation on ports other than 5060.
    I don't know whether they have got any further on that.
    In Feb 2007 Voxalot stated:-
    "We are considering port redirects for:
    I dont think we will redirect port 80. "

    As well as 5060 I think that pbxes.com works on ports:-

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---

    Brian A, Sep 11, 2007
  4. Jeremy Porteous

    Tim Guest

    Jeremy Porteous wrote:
    > I am looking for a VOIP provider than uses VPN or some form of tunnel to get
    > over port blocking on SIP ports. I am sure I found one previously, but
    > despite using Google I cannot find it again. Does anybody know of one (or
    > some form of tunnel that could be used with existing providers).

    I know both gradwell and voipfone provide outbound proxies that run on
    ports other than 5060.

    Most people who I know in managed offices and such like (with a
    generally blocked firewall) run an openVPN session out to a server they
    control. I know a good consultant who is good at these.

    Snom370s have an openVPN client on the actual phone - this may help.

    I think if you want to go to VPN route, you are best sorting it yourself
    rather than a bundled package with VoIP provider.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 11, 2007