    me to access the files on the drive remotely using a program like
    CuteFTP Home Server, which I would prefer not to have to buy, if I can
    avoid it. What alternatives are there?
    mcp6453, Oct 1, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    Payne747 Guest

    mcp6453 wrote:
    > I need to set up a VPN connection to an XP Pro machine. Unfortunately,
    > when I try to set up a remote user, I get a "database handle corrupt"
    > error, which Microsoft does not know how to fix without reinstalling the
    > operation system. So, I would like to know if someone knows of a way for
    > me to access the files on the drive remotely using a program like
    > CuteFTP Home Server, which I would prefer not to have to buy, if I can
    > avoid it. What alternatives are there?

    Maybe its the southern comfort, but what exactly are you trying to achieve?

    Are you trying to access files on a remote machine, or files on your
    machine from any remote location?

    --
    Payne747
    http://www-the-serpent.co.uk
    Payne747, Oct 2, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Payne747 wrote:

    > mcp6453 wrote:
    > > I need to set up a VPN connection to an XP Pro machine. Unfortunately,
    > > when I try to set up a remote user, I get a "database handle corrupt"
    > > error, which Microsoft does not know how to fix without reinstalling the
    > > operation system. So, I would like to know if someone knows of a way for
    > > me to access the files on the drive remotely using a program like
    > > CuteFTP Home Server, which I would prefer not to have to buy, if I can
    > > avoid it. What alternatives are there?

    > Maybe its the southern comfort, but what exactly are you trying to achieve?
    >
    > Are you trying to access files on a remote machine, or files on your
    > machine from any remote location?

    I don't understand the southern comfort comment, but yes, I would like
    for the remote machine to be able to access the files on the host
    machine while a different user is logged into and using the host
    machine.
    mcp6453, Oct 7, 2004