    using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
    Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?

    thanks ! Roger

    roger, Jul 16, 2009

  2. roger

    Uli Link Guest

    roger schrieb:
    > Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
    > using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
    > Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?

    Start with answering the following questions:
    - How can VPN client resolve the name of your PC behind the 2801?
    - Are the any firewalls blocking in between?

    Other questions are more likely related to M$ Windows the Cisco stuff.

    --
    ULi

    Uli Link, Jul 16, 2009

  3. roger

    joebenz Guest

    On Jul 16, 10:43 am, "roger" <> wrote:
    > Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
    > using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
    > Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?
    >
    > thanks ! Roger

    sounds like you should be able to just access the drive by going
    start>run and then type \\pcname\c$ or just share a drive on your
    computer and then \\pcname\sharename

    joebenz, Jul 16, 2009
  4. roger

    bod43 Guest

    On 16 July, 20:35, joebenz <> wrote:
    > On Jul 16, 10:43 am, "roger" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
    > > using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
    > > Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?

    > > thanks ! Roger

    > sounds like you should be able to just access the drive by going
    > start>run and then type \\pcname\c$  or just share a drive on your
    > computer and then \\pcname\sharename

    Or if you have not got name resolution set up

    \\ip.address\c$ etc as suggested above.

    Or maybe you want to do remote control of the PC
    as opposed to accessing files?

    Check out Remote Desktop, VNC, Dameware.

    Remote desktop is the best for almost any puropse.
    Some current versions of windows do not allow remote
    desktop (Basic perhaps?).

    bod43, Jul 16, 2009