    but would like to hear from anyone who has experience with similar scenario.

    Ta,
    Evans
    Evans Leung, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Evans Leung

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Evans Leung" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a router that would allow me to VPN in from an office
    > (leased line) to a satellite office who's running Jetstream.
    >
    > I can see D-link, Dynalink, Linksys and Netgear all have routers that
    > can do but would like to hear from anyone who has experience with
    > similar scenario.
    >
    > Ta,
    > Evans

    site a > IPCop1 > Internet > IPCop2 > site b

    Very simple setup with GUI. Left = Local subnet; Subnets must be
    different. eg. 192.168.1.0 on site a and 192.168.2.0 on site b

    http://www.ipcop.org/
    http://www.ipcop.org/1.2.0/en/vpn/html/

    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Evans Leung

    brundlefly Guest

    Evans Leung wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a router that would allow me to VPN in from an office
    > (leased line) to a satellite office who's running Jetstream.
    >
    > I can see D-link, Dynalink, Linksys and Netgear all have routers that can
    > do but would like to hear from anyone who has experience with similar
    > scenario.
    >
    > Ta,
    > Evans

    I use a dse xh1151 router with ports 1723 and 47 forwarded on the virtual
    servers tab to a static IP XP Pro box with the VPN incoming connection
    added via the network connections wizard. There is a tick box that allows
    the incoming connection to browse the network.
    brundlefly, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Evans Leung

    Ron McNulty Guest

    Hi

    What software is being run at the other end of the VPN? I am thinking of
    setting up something similar. Also, is the traffic encrypted?

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Evans Leung

    brundlefly Guest

    Ron McNulty wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > What software is being run at the other end of the VPN? I am thinking of
    > setting up something similar. Also, is the traffic encrypted?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron

    98SE Dialup Networking Windows VPN Adaptor, Windows 2k or XP Network
    Connections Connect to VPN.
    Using the options to set a local DHCP IP range
    The traffic is encrypted.
    Its all built in to Windows, there are probably other solutions but this is
    what all Windows boxes have as default.
    I connect to shares by entering \\<ipaddress>\share in the Run box or
    mapping them to drive letters.
    brundlefly, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Evans Leung

    E. Guest

    Evans Leung wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a router that would allow me to VPN in from an office
    > (leased line) to a satellite office who's running Jetstream.
    >
    > I can see D-link, Dynalink, Linksys and Netgear all have routers that can do
    > but would like to hear from anyone who has experience with similar scenario.
    >
    > Ta,
    > Evans

    Netgear FVS318's do this job excellently.
    E.
    E., Jun 18, 2004
  7. Evans Leung

    DaveG Guest

    Ron McNulty wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > What software is being run at the other end of the VPN? I am thinking of
    > setting up something similar. Also, is the traffic encrypted?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron

    OpenVPN works well, VPN over a UDP connection and uses SSL encryption.
    It only requires a single port to be opened throught the firewall.

    Can be used in point-to-point or multi-point-to-server modes and runs on
    Linux/Win2k/XP.

    Cheers,

    Dave
    DaveG, Jun 25, 2004