    hi

    man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's.

    gruß joe
    joe, May 8, 2004

  2. In article <c7hthp$ljm$06$-online.com>, joe <> wrote:
    :man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's.

    Not using a Cisco PIX.

    With IOS, you might be able to do it using a loopback interface.

    For both IOS and PIX, all crypto map policies applied to the same interface
    send out the IPSec packets directly to the peer, even if the peer
    is within an address range matched by the ACL for a different crypto map
    policy.

    I do not know what would happen on IOS if you tried to use an
    IPSec tunnel together with a GRE tunnel.
    --
    The Knights Of The Lambda Calculus aren't dead --this is their normal form!
    Walter Roberson, May 8, 2004

  3. joe

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:09:24 -0500, joe wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's.
    >
    > gruß joe

    Sure.

    On pix you can terminate L2TP encapsulated in IPSEC. Actually, it is the
    only way to terminated L2TP to the pix.

    I have also run a pptp tunnel through an IPEC tunnel that terminates on a
    PIX. The pptp tunnel was terminated on a host inside the pix.
    Rik Bain, May 8, 2004
  4. In article <409cffa6$0$35084$>,
    Rik Bain <> wrote:
    :On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:09:24 -0500, joe wrote:
    :> man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's.

    :I have also run a pptp tunnel through an IPEC tunnel that terminates on a
    :pIX. The pptp tunnel was terminated on a host inside the pix.

    But then that pptp tunnel is not being generated on the Cisco devices:
    it is just passing through the devices. You could even tunnel ipsec
    through ipsec if you are allowed to use additional devices.

    On the other hand, I am not sure what the original poster is trying
    to ask for. It appears that he is not comfortable writing in English:
    perhaps he could show us a diagram.
    --
    If a troll and a half can hook a reader and a half in a posting and a half,
    how many readers can six trolls hook in six postings?
    Walter Roberson, May 8, 2004
  5. joe

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:53:57 -0500, Walter Roberson wrote:

    > In article <409cffa6$0$35084$>, Rik Bain
    > <> wrote:
    > :On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:09:24 -0500, joe wrote:
    > :> man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's.
    >
    > :I have also run a pptp tunnel through an IPEC tunnel that terminates on
    > :a PIX. The pptp tunnel was terminated on a host inside the pix.
    >
    > But then that pptp tunnel is not being generated on the Cisco devices:
    > it is just passing through the devices. You could even tunnel ipsec
    > through ipsec if you are allowed to use additional devices.
    >
    > On the other hand, I am not sure what the original poster is trying to
    > ask for. It appears that he is not comfortable writing in English:
    > perhaps he could show us a diagram.

    Yeah, I threw that one in as an aside since I had no idea what the
    original poster really wants.
    Rik Bain, May 8, 2004
  6. joe

    Tosh Guest

    > I do not know what would happen on IOS if you tried to use an
    > IPSec tunnel together with a GRE tunnel.
    > --

    It works great, even if the peers for ipsec and gre are set to the same
    public addresses!!!
    I've got a link from italy to usa this way that is working great since many
    months, with eigrp and backup route running on it.
    Bye,
    Tosh
    Tosh, May 9, 2004