VPN Error 619

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cmay, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. cmay

    cmay Guest

    My VPN connection stopped working the other day.

    I click to make the connection (PPTP) and it quickly gets to Verifying
    Username and Password... then hangs for a while, then says error 619.

    I tried creating a VPN connection from scratch on another laptop and it
    worked just fine. I try the exact same steps on my laptop, and I get
    the 619 again.

    I have tried on several different internet connections, including ones
    where the laptop works great, and it never works, so it isn't a problem
    with the router on the client side blocking anything (I have turned on
    all pass throughs anyway).

    I disabled all software firewalls and anti virus programs, no luck
    there either.

    There is nothing in my event log to give me any more guidance.

    Like I said other clients, including my other laptop, have no problem
    connecting!

    The VPN terminates on a Cisco 1700 series router, so there isn't a mis
    configured Windows RAS server somewhere or anything like that.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    cmay, Dec 28, 2005

  2. cmay

    V. Evans Guest

    You said it stopped working, which implies it was working fine a few
    days ago, so...

    Has anything changed on the laptop? Any new apps, Windows SP 2,
    anything at all?

    Just to verify PPTP functionality is normal, try telnetting on port
    1723 to the VPN server (cisco router): telnet x.x.x.x 1723. If your dos
    window goes blank and the curser is just blinking, hit enter a couple
    times to drop the connection - this means you are getting to the server
    and PPTP is initiating a session.

    What VPN client are you using - CIsco or Windows native?

    V. Evans, Dec 28, 2005