    dont physically have the router yet so I have not been able to look at
    it to see.

    thanks

    BEM, Oct 5, 2005

  2. BEM

    why? Guest

    On 5 Oct 2005 06:55:15 -0700, BEM wrote:

    >anyone know if I can use the linksys wrt54g to open a VPN that a
    >windows user could connect to and get an IP address on my LAN? reading
    >the stats for this router it doesnt list VPN as one of its abilities. I
    >dont physically have the router yet so I have not been able to look at
    >it to see.

    WRTG54G v5.0 see the online manual on www.linksys.com VPN configuration
    is mentioned.

    Didn't even need Google for that one.

    Even if it didn't have VPN, that wouldn't stop you running a VPN
    client/server on the PCs and simply allowing the correct ports through a
    firewall.

    It's a bit of a silly URL
    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...goBlobs&blobwhere=1126991072762&ssbinary=true
    the 2 page data sheet

    The Router can serve as a DHCP
    Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against
    intruders
    and most known Internet attacks, supports VPN pass-through

    Me

    why?, Oct 5, 2005