    managing it or a third party wireless app? I.e. Intel ProSet Wireless

    Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

    -Scott

    SS, Dec 2, 2008

  2. SS

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:10:11 -0800 (PST), SS wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >We have seen a sporadic issue where remote users have their VPN
    >connection automatically and attempt to connect. I can not find where

    This can be good or bad, assuming bad in this case?

    >this is being managed. I am familiar with rasdial and it is not in

    Did you mean to be cryptic by forgetting to mention OS, which VPN
    client?

    >use. I was wondering if it has anything to do with the Network drives
    >trying to connect? Other thoughts were broadband routers possilbly

    It could. Save the drive mappings, disconnets mappings and untick the
    automatic find printer/ network drives then see what happens.

    >managing it or a third party wireless app? I.e. Intel ProSet Wireless

    Depends, if the router is the VPN end point, it should always be up.
    However if you mean a VPN client on a PC, then my Cisco VPN is set to
    launch before login. If I don't want the VPN and just the Win login then
    clicking cancel sorts that.

    >Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

    Me

    why?, Dec 2, 2008

  3. SS

    SS Guest

    On Dec 2, 11:19 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:10:11 -0800 (PST), SS wrote:
    > >Hello all,

    > >We have seen a sporadic issue where remote users have their VPN
    > >connection automatically and attempt to connect.  I can not find where

    > This can be good or bad, assuming bad in this case?
    >
    > >this is being managed.  I am familiar with rasdial and it is not in

    > Did you mean to be cryptic by forgetting to mention OS, which VPN
    > client?
    >
    > >use.  I was wondering if it has anything to do with the Network drives
    > >trying to connect?  Other thoughts were broadband routers possilbly

    > It could. Save the drive mappings, disconnets mappings and untick the
    > automatic find printer/ network drives then see what happens.
    >
    > >managing it or a third party wireless app? I.e. Intel ProSet Wireless

    > Depends, if the router is the VPN end point, it should always be up.
    > However if you mean a VPN client on a PC, then my Cisco VPN is set to
    > launch before login. If I don't want the VPN and just the Win login then
    > clicking cancel sorts that.
    >
    > >Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

    > Me

    Ya sorry, this behavior is undesired and they are using the embedded
    XP VPN connection.

    -Scott

    SS, Dec 2, 2008
  4. SS

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:39:01 -0800 (PST), SS wrote:

    >On Dec 2, 11:19 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:10:11 -0800 (PST), SS wrote:
    >> >Hello all,

    >> >We have seen a sporadic issue where remote users have their VPN
    >> >connection automatically and attempt to connect.  I can not find where

    >> This can be good or bad, assuming bad in this case?
    >>
    >> >this is being managed.  I am familiar with rasdial and it is not in

    >> Did you mean to be cryptic by forgetting to mention OS, which VPN
    >> client?

    <snip>

    >Ya sorry, this behavior is undesired and they are using the embedded
    >XP VPN connection.

    Ah, only some of Cisco / Nortel and we are switching to Checkpoint it
    appears. Don't know XP VPN.

    Try ng, list of MS XP
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet=microsoft.public.windowsxp,&
    and these,

    general / security_admin / work_remotely

    Me

    why?, Dec 4, 2008