vpn clients cannot access internet

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Schleigh, Oct 7, 2005.

  1. I have set up a pix 506e (ver. 6.3) for locally authenticated mppe vpn
    connections
    (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._configuration_example09186a0080143a5d.shtml).

    When connected, the vpn clients lose their ability to connect to any outside
    networks. They can connect to other hosts on their network and hosts on my
    network. They are properly resolving outside addresses, but cannot ping
    them.

    I am sure there must be a simple solution to this. Any help is appreciated.

    Here are the commands I used to set up the pix for vpn connections:

    access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.0
    255.255.255.0
    ip local pool vpnpool 192.168.2.1-192.168.2.50
    nat (inside) 0 access-list 101
    sysopt connection permit-pptp
    vpdn group 1 accept dialin pptp
    vpdn group 1 ppp authentication pap
    vpdn group 1 ppp authentication chap
    vpdn group 1 ppp authentication mschap
    vpdn group 1 ppp encryption mppe auto
    vpdn group 1 client configuration address local vpnpool
    vpdn group 1 client configuration dns 192.168.1.4
    vpdn group 1 pptp echo 60
    vpdn group 1 client authentication local
    vpdn username ***** password *********
    vpdn enable outside

    --
    John R Schleigh IV
    IT Manager

    John Schleigh, Oct 7, 2005

  2. John Schleigh

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    You can use your VPN GW as Internet GW for your VPN clients... I do this for
    my PPTP users... For IPSec Cisco clients I simply use split tunneling...

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Oct 7, 2005