    linksys wifi nic? it stops at negotiating security policies and then says
    per terminated connection.

    --
    James, Feb 27, 2005

  2. James

    Merv Guest

    what is the topology of the wired connection?

    what is the topology of the wireless connection ?
    Merv, Feb 27, 2005

  3. James

    James Guest

    just a Linksys wifi NAT router and my laptop is connected to it via cat5
    cable. and it has wifi capabilities that im trying to get my laptop
    connected to it. with a linksys wifi pcmcia card.

    James, Feb 28, 2005
  4. James

    Latest News Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:42:46 GMT, "James" <>
    wrote:

    >just a Linksys wifi NAT router and my laptop is connected to it via cat5
    >cable. and it has wifi capabilities that im trying to get my laptop
    >connected to it. with a linksys wifi pcmcia card.
    >

    >"Merv" <> wrote in message
    >> what is the topology of the wired connection?
    >>
    >> what is the topology of the wireless connection ?

    I read somewhere in this newsgroup that you need to use WEP security
    enabled before your VPN connection can work over wireless.

    Hope that helps.
    Latest News, Aug 12, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    Latest News <for_latest_news att hotmail dott com> wrote:
    >I read somewhere in this newsgroup that you need to use WEP security
    >enabled before your VPN connection can work over wireless.

    That isn't generally true -- though it is possible that some
    particular combination AP and VPN endpoint might happen to disable
    VPNs if WEP is turned off.

    It usually doesn't matter if someone sniffs your IPSec packets: IPSec
    usually includes encryption that doesn't suffer from the WEP flaws.
    Walter Roberson, Aug 12, 2005