VPN Client to Soho 97 Roadwarrior

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by alstamp@gmail.com, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    A colleague is trying to configure a Soho 97 to act as a vpn endpoint
    for a very small number of mobile workers (around 3). They wont all be
    connecting at once, and will only connect for small amounts of time, so
    we can't justify getting new kit in to act as vpn server. We have
    obtained a license to use the Cisco VPN client which can be downloaded
    from the cisco site.

    The office network topology is very simple.

    10.0.2.0/24------[ ethernet0 SOHO97 dialer1 ]-----internet

    10.0.2.0/24 is NATted to the outside world. The IP address on dialer1
    is negotiated, but always the same.

    We would *prefer* -
    - usernames and passwords specific/unique to each user
    - no certificates to install on clients
    - The mobile users to get a dynamically assigned address on 10.0.2.0
    (there is a dhcp server on the network that is not the cisco - but we
    can allocate a range of addresses for use by the mobile workers and
    take them out of the dhcp pool). We can have a seperate internal
    network for users dialed in via the vpn if we must though.

    We followed the instructions at :

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949e1.shtml

    The only change was that we put the 'crypto map intmap' bit inside 'int
    dialer1' and not an ethernet interface. We also added a 'username'
    line detailing a username and password for someone to use when trying
    to log in with the vpn client. Everything else was a *direct* copy and
    paste.

    The router didn't seem to be listening out on ports 500 or 10000, so it
    was no surprise that the cisco vpn client failed to connect to the
    router....

    Soho is running 12.3(2)XC2.

    Does anyone have working ios config lines that I can copy and paste?

    BR,
    AS...

    , Jan 8, 2007

  2. You may wish to investigate the Cisco SOHO97 Config Wizard:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/configwizard.html

    Cisco SOHO97 ADSL Firewall IPSec Configuration:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/827_fw_ipsec_nz.html

    Cisco SOHO97 ADSL IPSec Configuration:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/827_ipsec_nz.html

    Cisco SOHO97 Basic Configuration:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/827_basic_nz.html

    Cisco SOHO97 Firewall Configuration:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/827_fw_nz.html

    Cisco SOHO97 GUI Config:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/827h/

    Cisco SOHO97 IPv6 Config Wizard:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/ipv6configwizard.html

    Recommended Cisco SOHO97 Software Versions:

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/versions.html

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com