    VPN entries again?
    Thanks,
    Al
    al, Sep 9, 2003

  2. In article <YA97b.362$>,
    al <> wrote:
    :I am using Cisco VPN client version 4x to establish a tunnel to a PIX
    :firewall.
    :I have a couple of questions:
    :1. Is there a way for me to be able to browse the Internet while I am
    :connected to the VPN tunnel.

    Yes. In your vpngroup configure a split-tunnel ACL. The ACL should
    be written from the point of view of traffic going out of the PIX,
    and anything permit'd by the ACL will go through the IPSec tunnel;
    anything denied by the ACL will go through the internet.

    You also need to request split tunneling on the VPN client.

    :2. I have a few VPN entries on my client. Is there a way to export the VPN
    :client settings to another computer so that I don't have to recreate those
    :VPN entries again?

    As I recall, it's a .pcf file you should be looking for.

    There is a VPN client administration guide that talks more about
    the configuration file and search orders and customizing the logos
    and so on.
    --
    Take care in opening this message: My grasp on reality may have shaken
    loose during transmission!
    Walter Roberson, Sep 9, 2003

  3. To followup on Walter's point, your profiles (.pcf files) are in the
    'Profiles' directory in your VPN Client install directory. In there
    resides all your profiles which can be copied over to any other PC you
    like.

    Mike

    Mike Gallagher, Sep 9, 2003
  4. al