    still get the error
    did a search on google, haven't found a solution to this that worked for me.

    any pointers?

    net, Aug 5, 2008

  2. net wrote:
    > trying to install cisco vpn client 4.8 on windows xp mce with SP2, I get
    > half way through and I see:
    > Error 1304 Error writing to file:
    > C\Windows\system32\vsdatant.sys, Verify that you have access to that
    > directory.
    >
    > wtf?
    > so I tried re-setting the whole system32 folder to normal, still get the
    > error.
    > tried installing the vpn client via the msi file, still get the error.
    > tried running as administrator, still get the error
    > tried logging in as administrator (with password) and installing from there,
    > still get the error
    > did a search on google, haven't found a solution to this that worked for me.
    >
    > any pointers?

    Unfortunately i have the same problem installing VPN Client 5.0 on Vista
    Business, but never had such problems installing on Win XP.

    Andre Wisniewski, Aug 5, 2008

  3. net

    tg Guest

    "Andre Wisniewski" <> wrote in message

    > Unfortunately i have the same problem installing VPN Client 5.0 on Vista
    > Business, but never had such problems installing on Win XP.

    did you ever solve the problem?
    this is a weird problem, there's fa on google about this. After a bit more
    investigating I discovered that my XP will not allow the creation of a file
    called vsdatant.sys. As a test I created a text file and saved it as
    vsdatant.txt in the system32 folder. I then renamed the file to vsdatant.sys
    but in about a second the file suddenly disappeared. I don't have any
    security software on my pc, I've never tried any security software except
    the windows firewall in the control panel and I've tried both on and off
    with it. So something in xp is blocking the creation of this file.
    anyone got any ideas?

    tg, Aug 5, 2008
  4. tg wrote:
    > "Andre Wisniewski" <> wrote in message
    >> Unfortunately i have the same problem installing VPN Client 5.0 on Vista
    >> Business, but never had such problems installing on Win XP.

    > did you ever solve the problem?
    > this is a weird problem, there's fa on google about this. After a bit more
    > investigating I discovered that my XP will not allow the creation of a file
    > called vsdatant.sys. As a test I created a text file and saved it as
    > vsdatant.txt in the system32 folder. I then renamed the file to vsdatant.sys
    > but in about a second the file suddenly disappeared. I don't have any
    > security software on my pc, I've never tried any security software except
    > the windows firewall in the control panel and I've tried both on and off
    > with it. So something in xp is blocking the creation of this file.
    > anyone got any ideas?

    No, never found a solution. I've given up :(

    Andre Wisniewski, Aug 7, 2008
  5. net

    Guest

    > No, never found a solution. I've given up :(

    I've seen this file before .. I'm pretty certain it has something to
    do with ZoneAlarm. I'm having trouble installing VPN Client 4.8.00.
    I didn't think I had ZoneAlarm running as there were no icons in the
    System Tray, but it appears I am running it, as I can't delete
    VSDATANT.SYS as Windows XP says it's in use..... gonna try
    uninstalling ZoneAlarm and re-installing the client. I'll write back
    and let you know my findings.

    G.

    , Sep 5, 2008