VPN client can only telnet to mail server via the external address

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tweety, Nov 29, 2006.

  1. tweety

    tweety Guest

    Currently we have a mail server sitting on 192.168.1.2 and we have the
    following static nat

    ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.2 25 (external ip) 25 extendable

    This works fine, however vpn client connections can only telnet to port
    25 on the mail server by telneting to the external ip port 25 which
    port forwards to the mail server as per static nat.

    Is there a command i could configure so the vpn client can telnet
    directly onto port 25 of the mail server internally? so i can issue the
    command telnet 192.168.1.2 25

    The clients are using an address pool assigned by the router.

    They can telnet to 192.168.1.2 110 (pop3) etc but not 192.168.1.2 25
    (smtp)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as its driving me crazy slowly
    tweety, Nov 29, 2006