    I thought reinstalling would fix this, but after each reboot the client
    needs to be installed again... Can anyone else replicate this?

    -Wil

    Wil Schultz, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Wil Schultz

    Guest

    Yes, this happens after every reboot, requiring re-installation of the
    VPN client.

    **sigh**

    RK
    Wil Schultz wrote:
    > Anyone else notice this?
    >
    > OSX 10.4.6, Intel Chipset using Universal VPN client 4.9.00.0050
    >
    > If you reboot the box we receive the following error
    > "Error 51, Unable to communicate with the VPN subsystem"
    >
    > I thought reinstalling would fix this, but after each reboot the client
    > needs to be installed again... Can anyone else replicate this?
    >
    > -Wil

    , Jun 15, 2006

  3. Wil Schultz

    Wil Schultz Guest

    I found a workaround, basically using the init script to reload the
    kernel module...

    "sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/CiscoVPN/CiscoVPN restart"

    Looks like the VPN Client is starting before the network interfaces come
    up and the driver cannot bind to anything... Anyway, the above command
    should be easier than reinstalling after every reboot.

    -Wil

    Wil Schultz, Jun 15, 2006