    How can I figure this out?

    _____
    DC G

    DC Gringo, May 27, 2006

  2. That probably because split tunneling isn't enabled on the VPN device you're
    connecting to. If you have access to the VPN device, enable split tunneling,
    if not, contact the admin who does and ask them if they're willing to do
    that for you. It can be a security risk, so don't expect much unless you
    know them pretty well.

    HTH

    Matt

    Matt Williamson, May 27, 2006

  3. DC Gringo

    DC Gringo Guest

    Matt,

    Thanks for the response. Actually, the kicking just started happening
    recently after I've tried so many workarounds. So, I'd probably assume
    split tunneling is enabled then. What about the ports 500, 10000, 62514,
    and 62524?

    DC G

    DC Gringo, May 27, 2006
  4. DC Gringo

    DC Gringo Guest

    Here's actually what's happening via my system log:

    I connect to my wireless network via router/firewall unit (D-link DI-624)
    then Verizon DSL. All is well until I initiate my VPN client. Then I after
    a few seconds, the wireless connection and VPN connection both get lost.
    Then wireless reestablishes itself. Here's a summary of system log:

    IPSEC sent stop control and enter stop state
    Security system detects a downgrade attack for the domain controller,
    Kerberos reports no logon servers available
    Security sysytem cannot establish secured connection
    Network adapater device\tcp_ip<ID> was disconnected from network, config
    released
    IPSEC sent start control and enter running state
    Browser forced an election on device\netbt_tcpip<ID>
    Network adapter device\tcp_ip<ID> was connected to network, initiated normal
    operation

    Here's all system logs:

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7035
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:55:21 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: MyComp
    The IPSEC Services service was successfully sent a stop control.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7036
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:55:21 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The IPSEC Services service entered the stopped state.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: LSASRV
    Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
    Event ID: 40960
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:04 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server
    cifs/dc1.company.net. The failure code from authentication protocol
    Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the
    logon request.
    (0xc000005e)".

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: LSASRV
    Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
    Event ID: 40961
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:04 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server
    cifs/dc1.company.net. No authentication protocol was available.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Tcpip
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4202
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:07 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The system detected that network adapter
    \DEVICE\TCPIP_{9495A82E-9B5A-43E6-ACC8-5C024E9F7B36} was disconnected from
    the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If
    the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has
    malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.

    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:12 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: MyComp
    The IPSEC Services service was successfully sent a start control.

    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:12 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The IPSEC Services service entered the running state.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: BROWSER
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8033
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:12 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The browser has forced an election on network
    \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{9495A82E-9B5A-43E6-ACC8-5C024E9F7B36} because a master
    browser was stopped.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: BROWSER
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8033
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:12 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: FNL-001
    The browser has forced an election on network
    \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{6EE48B5D-A4A9-47F2-AD5B-BBC2247FFCAA} because a master
    browser was stopped.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Tcpip
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4201
    Date: 5/27/2006
    Time: 6:56:17 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MyComp
    The system detected that network adapter
    \DEVICE\TCPIP_{9495A82E-9B5A-43E6-ACC8-5C024E9F7B36} was connected to the
    network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

    DC Gringo, May 27, 2006