VPN Cisco and certificate enrollment ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RJ45, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. RJ45

    RJ45 Guest

    Hello,
    I have a Cisco 3005 VPN box (vpn3005-4.1.6.Rel-k9).
    I have installed a CA certificate and I have enrolled
    for a new certificate for the vpn box I have signed it
    and inntalled it on the vpn box.
    everything seems fine.
    I have create my own CA and I have signed the certificate request for the
    vpn box generated with the "enrollment" option, and installed the
    certificate. Then I Created a personal certificate and installed it on
    the VPN client software (version 4.0.5B).
    I have properly configured the vpn box with the proper IPsec proposals
    and SA as suggested by the Cisco guide

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/
    products_configuration_example09186a00800946f3.shtml

    when I try to authenticate with certifiacte from the client I got
    this error:

    4435 09/22/2004 13:57:47.080 SEV=8 IKEDBG/79 RPT=1185
    Proposal # 1, Transform # 4, Type ISAKMP, Id IKE
    Parsing received transform:
    Phase 1 failure against global IKE proposal # 1:
    Rcv'd Key Length attr class, but class is not cfg'd

    so mt question is.
    which kind of particular attributes must have a certificate ?
    I Generated the certificatre for the vpn box and for
    the client using the openssl defaults...

    any suggestions ?

    thank you very much

    Rick

    RJ45, Sep 22, 2004