VPN address pool disappears from PDM

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dbwmn2001@yahoo.com, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am configuring a PIX 501 device. What I've done many times on many
    other PIXes is creating an IP pool in order to assign a range of
    addresses for clients connecting via VPN.
    My usual procedure using the PDM was:
    1) Create a pool named VPNPool with an address of
    192.168.40.248-192.168.40.251
    2) Create a policy to allow traffic from the inside network
    192.168.40.0/24 to the outside 192.168.40.248/30
    3) Configuring the Cisco VPN Client tab

    Here comes the trouble:
    On all other times I configured a pix the name of the pool appeared on
    the host/networks and it was not modifiable.
    Now, instead, as soon as I create the policy I'm asked to create a name
    (with requests to route it) and as soon as I apply the policy the IP
    pool I created disappears from the IP pool window under VPN. The PDM
    has a warning stating that the pdm does not understand the command ip
    local pool VPNPool VPNPool-192.168.40.251

    What is going wrong? I've done this dozens of times on 515E and 506E
    models. Is it a problem of the 501?
    I've read somewhere that there's a problem when the address pool
    overlaps the inside network range, but I never had a problem using this
    method on all other configuration.
    Thanks for your help

    , Apr 12, 2006

  2. <> wrote:

    > The PDM has a warning stating that the pdm does not
    > understand the command
    >
    > ip local pool VPNPool VPNPool-192.168.40.251

    Do you have

    name 192.168.40.248 VPNPool

    If yes, you might want to remove it.

    Jyri Korhonen, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Guest

    No, it's the PDM which requires me to introduce a name (and I chose the
    same name of the IP Pool). Even using a different name gives the same
    problem
    Thanks
    Dave