    used. We are using a Cisco Pix firewall on our network. I believe NAT
    prevents VPN access in some cases. How can I go around that? Any
    suggestions? Thank you. P
    P, Feb 17, 2004

  2. P

    Jim Guest

    P wrote on 2/17/2004 7:59 AM:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to find the best VPN configuration option for remote users who
    > need to access the corporate network from hotel or airport where NAT/PAT is
    > used. We are using a Cisco Pix firewall on our network. I believe NAT
    > prevents VPN access in some cases. How can I go around that? Any
    > suggestions? Thank you. P

    The Hotels must Support GRE for PPTP and must have a solution that
    allows for multiple IPSEC VPNs to passthru NAT.

    The best method would be SSL.

    Jim
    Jim, Feb 17, 2004

  3. P

    Leythos Guest

    In article <XeoYb.9393$>,
    P@no_spam.com says...
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to find the best VPN configuration option for remote users who
    > need to access the corporate network from hotel or airport where NAT/PAT is
    > used. We are using a Cisco Pix firewall on our network. I believe NAT
    > prevents VPN access in some cases. How can I go around that? Any
    > suggestions? Thank you. P

    I have a WatchGuard Firebox and have it setup to enable PPTP clients to
    connect. From the hotels I can use a simple Windows 2000 or XP PPTP
    connection to get back to my offices without any problem.

    Most hotel routers are the same as your standard NetGear or Linksys and
    do PPTP pass through.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Feb 17, 2004
  4. In article <XeoYb.9393$>,
    P@no_spam.com says...
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to find the best VPN configuration option for remote users who
    > need to access the corporate network from hotel or airport where NAT/PAT is
    > used. We are using a Cisco Pix firewall on our network. I believe NAT
    > prevents VPN access in some cases. How can I go around that? Any
    > suggestions? Thank you. P

    contact the system/network administrator and get them to provide a
    solution. if you don't have one, hire one, that's what we're for (and a
    good reason to put a good sysadmin to work). if you have a sys/net admin
    and they can't provide a solution... get rid of them and hire someone
    competent. as for you folks that think my post is a bit irritable, think
    of all the folks you know that's "out of work" because of IT cutbacks
    and penny-pinching corporate egg-heads that keep your friends in the
    unemployment lines.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Feb 18, 2004
  5. P

    Peter Guest

    "P" <P@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to find the best VPN configuration option for remote users who
    > need to access the corporate network from hotel or airport where NAT/PAT

    is
    > used. We are using a Cisco Pix firewall on our network. I believe NAT
    > prevents VPN access in some cases. How can I go around that? Any
    > suggestions? Thank you. P

    Allow UDP connection in your pix and then it will work if you deffine then
    tunnel fore UDP
    Peter, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Hi,

    I have recommended use secure IP tunnel, for example:
    http://www.apbsoft.com/products/iptunnelmng/features.html

    Pavel.

    Pavel Aronovich, Feb 22, 2004