    I'd appreciate any suggestions or pointers.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bill
    Bill Cohagan, Nov 20, 2004

  2. "Bill Cohagan" <> wrote:

    > I can't ping my machine from other machines. Note (again),
    > the VPN client is NOT running when these problems occur.
    > I would expect these symptoms if the VPN were connected
    > of course.
    >
    > If I go to the Services applet in Control Panel and stop
    > the Cisco VPN service then everything returns to normal.

    The Cisco VPN client has an inbuilt firewall. If you enable
    the firewall feature then it will be always on regardless
    of the VPN connection status. Is it possible that you have
    accidentally set the firewall feature on.
    Jyri Korhonen, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Bill Cohagan

    dmcknigh Guest

    "Bill Cohagan" <> wrote in message news:<67xnd.7852$>...
    > I'm having a problem with the VPN client. Installing the client isolates my
    > machine on my LAN, even when the client is not running. I can see other
    > machines from my machine, but other machines can no longer see mine. I can't
    > ping my machine from other machines. Note (again), the VPN client is NOT
    > running when these problems occur. I would expect these symptoms if the VPN
    > were connected of course.
    >
    > If I go to the Services applet in Control Panel and stop the Cisco VPN
    > service then everything returns to normal. Surely there's a better way to
    > restore connectivity of my LAN when I'm not using the VPN.
    >
    > I'm running WinXP SP2 and VPN 4.6.00.0049.
    >
    > I'd appreciate any suggestions or pointers.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Bill

    You may want to try disabling the stateful firewall function
    (Options-->Stateful Firewall <Uncheck>). It does continue to operate
    even when your not connected via VPN.
    Hope this Helps,
    -D-
    dmcknigh, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Bill Cohagan

    Bill Cohagan Guest

    Thanks for the tip. That solved the problem.

    Bill

    Bill Cohagan, Nov 20, 2004