VPN 3005 to IAS authentication failure...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pix help, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. pix help

    pix help Guest

    Hello,

    Getting the following error when trying to authenticate VPN 3005 to
    IAS box. userid and password are correct. Any suggestions?

    Help please!

    Need some advice here. Have VPN up and running with authentication for
    group & users internal to VPN. I can establish sessions for multiple
    clients. The vpn inside sits behind Pix. Outside is between 2811 &
    515e. I am trying to setup IAS on 2003 box that is sitting behind Pix.

    I want the concentrator to authenticate group against internal db on
    3005 and then pass user authentication to IAS. The IAS box is
    configured correctly as I can authenticate against it from other
    hardware. I have reviewed the docs on the cisco site and have the
    Raduiys with expiry configured correctly based on this information.

    Is there anything special since a Pix is part of the equation? Has
    anyone been able to get a config such as this to work?

    Thanks in advance

    User \domainuser was denied access.
    Fully-Qualified-User-Name = \XXXX
    NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.150.25 (VPN private interface)
    NAS-Identifier = <not present>
    Called-Station-Identifier = 10.10.10.50 (VPN public interface)
    Calling-Station-Identifier = XX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Client-Friendly-Name = vpn.XXXXXXXX.com
    Client-IP-Address = 192.168.150.25 (VPN private interface)
    NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
    NAS-Port = 1082
    Proxy-Policy-Name = test
    Authentication-Provider = Windows
    Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
    Policy-Name = <undetermined>
    Authentication-Type = MS-CHAPv2
    EAP-Type = <undetermined>
    Reason-Code = 16
    Reason = Authentication was not successful because an unknown user
    name or incorrect password was used.

    pix help, Mar 5, 2007