VPDN and AAA

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Daniel Eyholzer, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. Hi there

    If I debug aaa authentication, aaa authorization and vpdn event I get the
    following output if a user connects:

    Vi1 VPDN: Virtual interface created for
    Vi1 VPDN: Clone from Vtemplate 1 filterPPP=0 blocking
    %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Access1, changed state to up
    Vi1 VPDN: Bind interface direction=2
    AAA: parse name=Virtual-Access1 idb type=21 tty=-1
    AAA: name=Virtual-Access1 flags=0x11 type=5 shelf=0 slot=0 adapter=0
    port=1 channel=0
    AAA/MEMORY: create_user (0x6283A394) user='' ruser=''
    port='Virtual-Access1' rem_addr='' authen_type=NONE service=PPP priv=1
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Access1, changed
    state to up

    The user='' is empty. I was expecting that it would be
    user=''.

    The VPDN and AAA configuration follows:
    aaa new-model
    !
    vpdn enable
    !
    vpdn-group lns
    ! Default L2TP VPDN group
    accept-dialin
    protocol l2tp
    virtual-template 1
    local name somedomain.ch
    l2tp tunnel password something
    !

    Has anyone an idea why the user='' field is empty?

    Thanks, Daniel

    Daniel Eyholzer, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Daniel Eyholzer <> wrote:
    > The user='' is empty. I was expecting that it would be
    > user=''.

    I had to add "ppp authentication chap" to the configuration of the
    virtual-template. Now the user field looks like what I was expecting.

    Daniel

    Daniel Eyholzer, Jan 21, 2005