    Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.

    I'd advise others to stay well clear.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 11, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Jono Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :
    > What a pain Voxalot is.
    >
    > I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have grabbed
    > control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone or ATA to
    > register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go to their
    > service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any calls.
    >
    > Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over my
    > numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so people can
    > contact me!
    >
    > Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.
    >
    > I'd advise others to stay well clear.

    Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?

    I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an issue
    for everything else as I use asterisk

    Jono, Oct 11, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :
    >> What a pain Voxalot is.
    >>
    >> I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
    >> grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
    >> softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
    >> incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
    >> and I don't receive any calls. Don't know how long it's going to take
    >> for them to release control
    >> over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
    >> just so people can contact me!
    >>
    >> Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.
    >>
    >> I'd advise others to stay well clear.

    > Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?
    >
    > I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an issue
    > for everything else as I use asterisk

    It just refuses to register.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 11, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh Jono:
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :
    >>> What a pain Voxalot is.
    >>>
    >>> I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
    >>> grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
    >>> softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
    >>> incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
    >>> and I don't receive any calls. Don't know how long it's going to
    >>> take for them to release control
    >>> over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
    >>> just so people can contact me!
    >>>
    >>> Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.
    >>>
    >>> I'd advise others to stay well clear.

    >> Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?
    >>
    >> I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an
    >> issue for everything else as I use asterisk

    > It just refuses to register.

    Is there a way to prevent Voxalot voicemail kicking in, I hate
    voicemail, I don't want it, but it's there.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    >> Thus spaketh Jono:
    >>> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :

    >>> Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?
    >>>
    >>> I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an
    >>> issue for everything else as I use asterisk

    >> It just refuses to register.

    > Is there a way to prevent Voxalot voicemail kicking in, I hate
    > voicemail, I don't want it, but it's there.

    OK, I've changed the DNS on my ATA, and now it logs on and I can receive
    calls, but Voxalot voicemail kicks in at 30 seconds and I don't want
    voicemail at all.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 11, 2006
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > Is there a way to prevent Voxalot voicemail kicking in, I hate
    > voicemail, I don't want it, but it's there.

    Not yet. It is something they have in mind to implement.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 11, 2006
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > What a pain Voxalot is.
    >
    > I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
    > grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone
    > or ATA to register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go
    > to their service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any
    > calls.
    >
    > Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over
    > my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so
    > people can contact me!
    >
    > Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.
    >
    > I'd advise others to stay well clear.

    Your comment on staying well clear is a little harsh. Non-registration
    of your ATA with them does not appear to have been their fault and the
    up to 24 hour wait to register/deregister providers is openly discussed
    in the support forum.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 11, 2006
  8. Thus spaketh Brian:
    > On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What a pain Voxalot is.
    >>
    >> I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
    >> grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
    >> softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
    >> incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
    >> and I don't receive any calls.
    >>
    >> Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control
    >> over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
    >> just so people can contact me!
    >>
    >> Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.
    >>
    >> I'd advise others to stay well clear.

    > Your comment on staying well clear is a little harsh. Non-registration
    > of your ATA with them does not appear to have been their fault and the
    > up to 24 hour wait to register/deregister providers is openly
    > discussed
    > in the support forum.
    >
    > Brian.

    Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh, maybe once they can reduce the delay
    in registrations and allow voicemail to be removed it will be an
    excellent service.

    Though there do seem to be several people where the ata or softphone
    refuses to register with their service and looking through the forum I
    couldn't see mentioned a reason or how to sort it out.

    It did finally register after Jono mentioned the DNS issue, but I can't
    use the service due to the voicemail kicking in.

    Support however was excellent and my sip accounts are off their system.

    Once voicemail and speed of the sip account registrations are sorted I
    may look again.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2006
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > Thus spaketh Brian:
    >> Your comment on staying well clear is a little harsh. Non-registration
    >> of your ATA with them does not appear to have been their fault and the
    >> up to 24 hour wait to register/deregister providers is openly
    >> discussed
    >> in the support forum.
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh, maybe once they can reduce the delay
    > in registrations and allow voicemail to be removed it will be an
    > excellent service.

    They were due to have their asterisk server change to submitting
    registration requests every 5 minutes I think, but further testing has
    delayed putting it into operation.

    > Though there do seem to be several people where the ata or softphone
    > refuses to register with their service and looking through the forum I
    > couldn't see mentioned a reason or how to sort it out.

    Often there is little detail given so a solution is not immediately
    obvious. Incidently, the status page can show a provider as not
    registered but in fact it is. That happened to me with SipDiscount.

    > It did finally register after Jono mentioned the DNS issue, but I can't
    > use the service due to the voicemail kicking in.
    >
    > Support however was excellent and my sip accounts are off their system.
    >
    > Once voicemail and speed of the sip account registrations are sorted I
    > may look again.

    Improving account registration time is a priority but it may be some
    time before the voicemail system is altered.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 12, 2006
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >What a pain Voxalot is.
    >
    >I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
    >grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone
    >or ATA to register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go
    >to their service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any
    >calls.

    I might be misunderstanding something here but I don't quite get how
    Voxalot has 'grabbed control' of your incoming calls. You are aware,
    I assume, that when you set up a provider you have the option for it
    to register or not with Voxalot. If you set to register it will act
    like an ATA and keep registered with the VSP. If you set it not to
    register you can just use it as you wish, ad hoc, for outgoing calls.
    Perhaps you should check this setting.
    Further, you can set up Voxalot to divert incoming calls to any SIP
    address of your choice. Given these options, aside from the
    possiblity of registering your ATA with Voxalot, it is difficult for
    me to see why you are getting this problem.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Skype Free Zone!!

    Brian A, Oct 12, 2006
  11. Thus spaketh Brian A:
    > On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> What a pain Voxalot is.
    >>
    >> I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
    >> grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
    >> softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
    >> incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
    >> and I don't receive any calls.

    > I might be misunderstanding something here but I don't quite get how
    > Voxalot has 'grabbed control' of your incoming calls. You are aware,
    > I assume, that when you set up a provider you have the option for it
    > to register or not with Voxalot. If you set to register it will act
    > like an ATA and keep registered with the VSP. If you set it not to
    > register you can just use it as you wish, ad hoc, for outgoing calls.
    > Perhaps you should check this setting.
    > Further, you can set up Voxalot to divert incoming calls to any SIP
    > address of your choice. Given these options, aside from the
    > possiblity of registering your ATA with Voxalot, it is difficult for
    > me to see why you are getting this problem.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > Skype Free Zone!!

    It's all sorted now, I wanted all my incoming numbers on Voxalot so I
    could have one setting on my ATA and receive calls from any number yet
    ring just my one phone line, save having 20 ATAs with 2 accounts on each
    sort of thing, if as you say you don't let it register then I ain't
    going to be getting any incoming calls, this was the idea of the system
    for me, have all my incoming numbers coming through one line of my ATA.

    I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
    this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
    and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
    Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

    But the biggest problem now is the awful thing called Voicemail, at the
    moment if you don't answer the call within 35 seconds Voxalot's
    voicemail kicks in, people hate having to pay to find out I'm not in or
    not quick enough to answer the call, so I don't use Voicemail other than
    a number just for voicemail.

    My out going calls would simply go via VoIP Stunt or Sipgate as they
    currently do, that was the import side for me, it was getting all my
    incomming numbers together on one line that was important, that does now
    seems to work, but it's still an unworkable solution at the moment
    because of that nasty thing a forced voicemail.

    At least last night Voxalot was able to de-register my SIP accounts and
    I now have control over incoming calls again.

    What would be the point of not registering the accounts when you can't
    then receive calls on them, this is the whole purpose for me.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2006
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > It's all sorted now, I wanted all my incoming numbers on
    > Voxalot so I could have one setting on my ATA and receive
    > calls from any number yet ring just my one phone line,
    > save having 20 ATAs with 2 accounts on each sort of
    > thing, if as you say you don't let it register then I
    > ain't going to be getting any incoming calls, this was
    > the idea of the system for me, have all my incoming
    > numbers coming through one line of my ATA.

    Hmm, I understand this, but what happens if you're on one line and another
    rings..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 12, 2006
  13. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> It's all sorted now, I wanted all my incoming numbers on
    >> Voxalot so I could have one setting on my ATA and receive
    >> calls from any number yet ring just my one phone line,
    >> save having 20 ATAs with 2 accounts on each sort of
    >> thing, if as you say you don't let it register then I
    >> ain't going to be getting any incoming calls, this was
    >> the idea of the system for me, have all my incoming
    >> numbers coming through one line of my ATA.

    > Hmm, I understand this, but what happens if you're on one line and
    > another rings..?
    >

    > Ivor

    It continues to ring until I answer, with call waiting and CWID I can
    see who is calling.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2006
  14. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Tim Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

    > Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over
    > my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so
    > people can contact me!

    Why don't you change your passwords?

    Then voxalot shouldn't be able to reregister.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 12, 2006
  15. Thus spaketh Tim:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >
    >> Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control
    >> over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
    >> just so people can contact me!

    > Why don't you change your passwords?
    >
    > Then voxalot shouldn't be able to reregister.
    >
    > Tim

    The SIP Password is set by Sipgate, I was unable to change it.

    The problem was sorted out last night anyway, Voxalot de-registered all
    my SIP accounts on their system.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2006
  16. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
    > this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
    > and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
    > Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

    What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
    discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
    happening.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 12, 2006
  17. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Jono Guest

    Brian pretended :
    > On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
    >> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
    >> and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
    >> Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

    > What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
    > discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
    > happening.
    >
    > Brian.

    Well, I had to put my ISP's DNS server addresses in my SPA in order to
    get Voxalot to function.

    I seem to have had to do this as I had turned DHCP off (it's got a
    static internal IP address)

    Jono, Oct 12, 2006
  18. Thus spaketh Brian:
    > On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
    >> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same
    >> problem and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to
    >> connect to the Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting
    >> through.

    > What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
    > discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
    > happening.
    >
    > Brian.

    On my PAP2, I changed DNS Server Order: from "Manual" to "DHCP, Manual".

    I had previously tried entering their IP address in the appropriate
    place as some had tried, though that didn't work.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2006
  19. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-12, Jono <> wrote:

    > Brian pretended :
    >> On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
    >>> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
    >>> and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
    >>> Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

    >> What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
    >> discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
    >> happening.
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > Well, I had to put my ISP's DNS server addresses in my SPA in order to
    > get Voxalot to function.

    I've always done either that or used a nameserver running on my network.
    These days I stick with my ISP's DNS in case the machine running my own
    DNS is offline. But that's with all providers, not just Voxalot.

    > I seem to have had to do this as I had turned DHCP off (it's got a
    > static internal IP address)

    This is what I don't understand, possibly because DHCP is something I am
    not familiar with. I suppose I should read up on it but if DHCP is used
    which nameservers does it use?

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 12, 2006
  20. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > Thus spaketh Brian:
    >> On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
    >>> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same
    >>> problem and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to
    >>> connect to the Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting
    >>> through.

    >> What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
    >> discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
    >> happening.
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > On my PAP2, I changed DNS Server Order: from "Manual" to "DHCP, Manual".
    >
    > I had previously tried entering their IP address in the appropriate
    > place as some had tried, though that didn't work.

    Thanks. I can't claim to know what is going on here but I can understand
    your frustration at not being able to register with one particular
    service. If it is of interest, I have no trouble registering with
    Voxalot using DNS Server Order: set to 'Manual', the IPs for my ISP's
    DNS and a Static IP: on my network.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 12, 2006