    number being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm
    sure it must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.

    Any suggestions?

    Iain, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Iain

    Herman Guest

    "Iain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
    > have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the number
    > being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm sure it
    > must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    http://forum.voxalot.com will probably give you more wide ranging answers.

    However Voxalot does not work in the way you envisage.

    Assuming the devices have different public IP addresses (and they are
    dynamic), you could use someone like dyndns.org to register each IP and then
    forward calls to a sip address based on that domain (e.g.
    sip: works on a Fritz!Box, where 123456 is your Voxalot
    user name and mydomain.com is the domain registered with dyndns). If you
    have a static public IP then you could just use the form
    sip:123456@123.123.123.123.

    If all your devices are registered using the same public IP address, then it
    is a bit more complicated. I won't spend the time going into this, just in
    case the above has answered your question.

    This is only one idea. With a few more details about precisely what you are
    trying to acheieve, I am sure people can and will suggest other ways as
    well.

    Herman, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Iain

    Graham. Guest

    "Iain" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
    > have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the number
    > being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm sure it
    > must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    If the number dialled = a voip account, then you could assign each
    provider to a separate voxalot account and point each of your devices
    towards the relevant one. This presumes that you have some other
    reason to use Voxalot in the first place, like outgoing call routing.

    I do something similar, but for a different reason,
    I use two voxalot accounts so I can make "internal"
    calls between the phones connected to the two ports
    of my PAP2 ATA.
    Lets say my two Voxalot accounts are 123456 and 654321

    So account 123456 has an entry in the dial plan thus:
    pattern _10
    replacement ${EXTEN:2}654321
    provider voxalot

    and account 654321 has the reciprocal
    pattern _10
    replacement ${EXTEN:2}123456
    provider voxalot

    The rest of the dialplan is identical on both accounts for
    outgoing call routing, incoming calls are not catered for
    except calls from the other handset; dialling 10 on either
    rings the other, using Voxalot as a free PABX.
    I suppose someone else could call me via Voxalot, but it's never
    happened yet.

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 18, 2007
  4. Iain

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:31:57 +0000, Iain <>
    wrote:

    >I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
    >have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
    >number being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm
    >sure it must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    If I understand you correctly then this is simple.
    You set up the providers you want to use in the providers section on
    Voxalot. You'll need the appropriate account to do that of course.

    Then, in the 'Call forwarding' section, enter the pattern of the
    incoming number (or common pattern covering a group of numbers) and
    select the option, as appropriate, from the drop down box.
    Then simply set that incoming number to forward to the SIP
    address/number of your choice. The provider used to route the call is
    decided by the dial plan for the call type.

    However, if you wanted to use a different account, for the same call
    type, all you would do is precede your forwarding number with a code.
    The dial plan recognises this code, strips it off, and then uses the
    provider of your choice to forward the call.
    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Dec 19, 2007
  5. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Iain wrote:
    > I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
    > have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
    > number being dialled.

    Either I'm misunderstanding the responses, or I didn't ask the question
    clearly enough.

    I want to use voxalot for outward call routing. I want to have voxalot
    register with different provider accounts, and to then forward the
    incoming calls to one or other devices or phone numbers.

    The problem is not how to forward the calls to the right endpoint: that
    doesn't seem difficult. The difficulty is how to get voxalot to try to
    forward them to different places.

    It could be on the basis of the provider account that the call is coming
    from, or it could be on the basis of the number that the incoming caller
    dialled. I don't mind.

    But I can't see how to set either up in voxalot. I can have a dial plan
    for outgoing calls, but it appears to treat all incoming calls the same
    way. Or am I missing something?

    Iain, Dec 19, 2007
  6. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    > Then, in the 'Call forwarding' section, enter the pattern of the
    > incoming number (or common pattern covering a group of numbers)

    This sounds like the answer I was looking for!

    I'd misunderstood the label on that setting.

    Thanks.

    Iain, Dec 19, 2007
  7. Iain

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:03:04 +0000, Iain <>
    wrote:

    >Iain wrote:
    >> I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
    >> have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
    >> number being dialled.

    >Either I'm misunderstanding the responses, or I didn't ask the question
    >clearly enough.
    >
    >I want to use voxalot for outward call routing. I want to have voxalot
    >register with different provider accounts, and to then forward the
    >incoming calls to one or other devices or phone numbers.
    >
    >The problem is not how to forward the calls to the right endpoint: that
    >doesn't seem difficult. The difficulty is how to get voxalot to try to
    >forward them to different places.
    >
    >It could be on the basis of the provider account that the call is coming
    >from, or it could be on the basis of the number that the incoming caller
    >dialled. I don't mind.
    >
    >But I can't see how to set either up in voxalot. I can have a dial plan
    >for outgoing calls, but it appears to treat all incoming calls the same
    >way. Or am I missing something?

    Yes you are missing something. It is as I stated before. You need to
    look in the 'Call Forwarding' section.
    I'll illustrate if that makes it simpler....

    Let's say you have a friend who has the telephone number
    01274567890, that is Bradford 567890. You want to route this to
    01132345678 thats Leeds 2345678.
    You want to route the call at all times.

    1. Click on 'Call Forwarding'.
    2. Click ADD
    3. Under 'Matching Rule':-
    3.1 Select 'Match by Inbound Number'
    3.2 Equals 01274567890
    4. Under 'Time Rule':-
    Select: 'Day Every'
    'Start Time 00:00
    'End Time 23:59'
    5. Under 'Handling Logic'
    Select 'Phone Number'
    Enter 01132345678
    Choose 'Smart Call' for your dial plan to decide how the call
    is routed or choose a particular provider.

    If you want to route to different numbers at different times then just
    repeat the above for the additional times.

    If you want all Bradford numbers to be routed 3.2 would become
    'Begins with 01274'

    Hope this helps !

    ---

    Brian A, Dec 20, 2007
  8. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    > Hope this helps !

    It does, thanks. I had wrongly assumed that "Inbound Number" was the
    number of the phone calling, but your exp;lanation makes it clear that
    it is the number that was dialled.

    Iain, Dec 21, 2007
  9. Iain

    Jono Guest

    Brian A pretended :
    > 01132345678 thats Leeds 2345678

    Which is, in actual fact, a real number - First Direct.

    Jono, Dec 23, 2007
  10. Iain

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:58:48 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Brian A pretended :
    >> 01132345678 thats Leeds 2345678

    >Which is, in actual fact, a real number - First Direct.

    Purely by accident I assure you - no ad. intended :)

    ---

    Brian A, Dec 25, 2007
  11. Iain

    Hongtian Guest

    On 18 Dec, 08:31, Iain <> wrote:
    > I'd like to have some sip devices registered to my voxalot account, and
    > have incoming calls routed to one or other of them according to the
    > number being dialled. This seems such an obvious requirement that I'm
    > sure it must be obvious, but I can't see where to set it up.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I suggest you to try miniSipServer. It runs on windows platform. For
    your deployment, I think you can use MSS to connect to your VOIP
    carrier and connect your SIP phones to MSS. Then, MSS can be able to
    route different call to different SIP phones according to the
    configurations.

    MSS support powerful dialing plan function. It is very easy to route
    different incoming call to different local users with "called number
    analysis" and "transition".

    Hongtian, Dec 26, 2007
  12. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Hongtian wrote:

    >> Any suggestions?

    > I suggest you to try miniSipServer. It runs on windows platform.

    That's a pity. Rules it out for me. I don't have any servers running
    Windows.

    For
    > your deployment, I think you can use MSS to connect to your VOIP
    > carrier and connect your SIP phones to MSS. Then, MSS can be able to
    > route different call to different SIP phones according to the
    > configurations.

    That would mean that calls from outer sites would have to come in and go
    back out across my ADSL line. Not really a very sensible option when I
    can run something on a server in a well-connected rack.

    > MSS support powerful dialing plan function. It is very easy to route
    > different incoming call to different local users with "called number
    > analysis" and "transition".

    That's probably true. But It'd not justify running a Windows server.

    Iain, Dec 26, 2007
  13. Iain

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Iain wrote:
    > Hongtian wrote:
    >
    >>> Any suggestions?

    >> I suggest you to try miniSipServer. It runs on windows platform.

    > That's a pity. Rules it out for me. I don't have any servers running
    > Windows.

    It may be that OpenSER will suit your requirements, but it may be overkill.

    Paul Cupis, Dec 26, 2007