    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Graham

    andy Guest

    On Apr 9, 4:00 pm, "Graham" <> wrote:
    > The consensus a week or so ago in this NG was that Betamax clones don't
    > work with voxalot.
    > However my voipcheap.com account was able to make calls for a while
    > yesterday via voxalot, but then it stopped. I changed to the us.voxalot.com
    > server and it seemed quite stable.
    > I have changed back to the eu.voxalot.com and it still works even after
    > several hours, but I have a hunch its still connecting to the US server
    > somehow.
    >
    > Can anyone confirm my findings?

    I haven't tried it yet to check

    Actually, the Betamax blocking of Voxalot was temporary, starting
    about a month ago, though one of the US servers was still ok a couple
    of weeks ago

    I posted on a thread here the other day that this would soon be
    lifted, following agreement between Betamax and Voxalot on changes
    they would both make. Voxalot made theirs the other day, and the
    Betamax ones were foreseen for sometime this week.

    Apparently someone else has had the same experience as you, but others
    say still not working, so perhaps Betamax are working through it at
    the moment.

    Martin at Voxalot said yesterday they will announce when they hear
    officially from Betamax - so keep an eye on this thread

    http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-su...-voipstunt-not-working-post7556.html#post7556

    andy, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Graham

    RH Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message
    > The consensus a week or so ago in this NG was that Betamax clones don't
    > work with voxalot.
    > However my voipcheap.com account was able to make calls for a while
    > yesterday via voxalot, but then it stopped. I changed to the
    > us.voxalot.com
    > server and it seemed quite stable.
    > I have changed back to the eu.voxalot.com and it still works even after
    > several hours, but I have a hunch its still connecting to the US server
    > somehow.

    Thissue as I understand from reading on voipbuster forum is not that betamax
    block voxalot.com on purpose it is just
    that any customer who over uses the system is classed as business user and
    should use their VOIP Trading (Ithink it is called) Product
    I think they class this as nyone who uses more than 5000 minutes/month or
    has more than 3 Betamax accounts logged on (maybe wrong on this)
    This is to stop business users abusing the free minutes policy by having
    multiple accounts. Of course they check this by checking the IP Address of
    the connection

    RH, Apr 9, 2007