  1. Do vouchers still have the timetable of, being used within a year of the
    purchase, to be still be valid or, has CompTIA shortened that?

    Christopher
    Christopher Range, May 1, 2006

  2. Christopher Range

    Patty Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:03:39 -0500, Christopher Range wrote:

    > Do vouchers still have the timetable of, being used within a year of the
    > purchase, to be still be valid or, has CompTIA shortened that?
    >
    > Christopher

    I guess it depends on the vouchers. I just got mine through the school I
    attended and they're only good until December 1, 2006.

    Patty
    Patty, May 1, 2006

  3. Christopher Range

    JohnO Guest

    Barry Watzman wrote:
    > They are good for a year from the date issued by CompTIA to the CompTIA
    > member institution (normally a school), but this may give the ultimate
    > recipient far less than a year (I've seen cases in which people received
    > vouchers from their schools that had less than a month of the original
    > year left).

    It used to be that you could make the call to Prometric on the day
    before the voucher expires, and set a test date up to a year further
    out. It's been a while since I had to deal with that, so don't take my
    word for it.

    -John O
    JohnO, May 1, 2006
  4. Barry Watzman wrote:
    > They are good for a year from the date issued by CompTIA to the CompTIA
    > member institution (normally a school), but this may give the ultimate
    > recipient far less than a year (I've seen cases in which people received
    > vouchers from their schools that had less than a month of the original
    > year left).

    Barry, Thankyou for letting me know. I knew about the year, from the
    time of
    purchase but, I didn't know, it was also pursuant to a school. I am
    glad you
    told me.

    Christopher
    Christopher Range, May 2, 2006
  5. Christopher Range wrote:
    > Do vouchers still have the timetable of, being used within a year of the
    > purchase, to be still be valid or, has CompTIA shortened that?

    As others have pointed out, the voucher has a "lifetime" of one year
    from issuance by CompTIA. This means that you "should" have just a
    little under a year to take the etst under normal circumstances.

    There are companies that buy "short-dated" vouchers from other comanies
    at a discount and then sell them cheap, often quite cheap. The closer
    they are to expiration, the deeper the discount.

    If you are very close to being ready to sit the exam you can sometimes
    save some substantial cash by opting for a short-dated voucher. The only
    real downside is that you can't always be assured of the availability of
    short-dated vouchers.

    Good luck with your exam!

    John
    --