voucher or promo codes for tests

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. Can anyone hook me up with a voucher or promo code for the 70-271 test? I
    want to schedule it tonight or tommorow. My book I bought had one but it
    expired June 30, 2006. Does asking this make me a horrible person? Will the
    Microsoft Police come after me? I thought I remembered somebody in here
    saying something about having a promo code they could give out. It can't
    hurt to ask right? I'd rather be open about it than go behind anyones back.
    Cant blame me for wanting to save money.

    Thanks
    Keith

    --
    Keith Chilton, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.
    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007

  2. I think Montreal M had some, but I could be mistaken. I will email him
    and see. But no, I do not see anything wrong with you asking. I am in
    contact with the Program Manager with Microsoft Certification Program to
    see if I can get Microsoft to help you guys out on a few discounts. We
    shall see how my power of persuasion is! :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Oh really thats great. Every dollar saved is appreciated! I'm definitely not
    done after I pass this test. I'm going to pursue the MCSA for Windows 2000.
    This certification would benefit my company the most.
    I'll hang tight to hear from you again since you are contacting him. Thanks
    Michael.

    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007
  4. Its on my blog now for you and anyone else.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007
  5. It seems there is an issue with the code. I am checking it out.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007
  6. If it's a huge deal dont worry too much about it. It's $18.75 and my company
    is reimbursing me for the test and the book so it's nothing to me. I was
    just trying to save my company some money. haha I appreciate the effort
    though. Maybe I can return the favor some day for all the help you've given
    me since I've been here.

    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007
  7. According to Montreal M:

    1. It is a Voucher, not a Promo code. Let him try that! ïŠ
    2. It only works at Pearson Vue.

    So there you go

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007
  8. My new post is on my blog again.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007
  9. It says
    "The order must have at least 1 item that qualifies for the voucher. Below
    is a list of items that do not qualify. Exam 070-271 on Feb 28 at 10:45 AM"
    "This voucher cannot be used with appointments scheduled in United States"

    LOL sorry i cant go to Canada to take the test. Don't worry about it I'm
    just going to go ahead and order without any codes. Thanks guys

    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007
  10. Canada! He will be in Florida soon... I will smack him for you. :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007
  11. for the super bowl ? GO COLTS

    Keith Chilton, Jan 29, 2007
  12. i'll try that next time i take a test. Thanks Jon

    Keith Chilton, Jan 31, 2007
  13. Keith Chilton

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Oddly enough I'll be in Redmond for the SuperBowl... as far away in the
    continental USA as you can possibly get. Maybe more oddly there is a dinner
    that evening for CANADIAN Microsoft folks, and I have been told that I
    should not expect there to be a TV there, so I may miss the game.

    ....and I was so looking forward to it. In Canada we usually get lame
    Canadian commercials instead of the great American ones!

    Montreal MCT
    MCT, MCSA, MCDST, MCTS, MCP
    President Emeritus, Montreal IT Professionals Community (www.mitpro.ca)
    Microsoft Small Business Specialist
    Visit my blog at:
    http://dnn.mitpro.ca/mitpro/Blogs/tabid/59/BlogID/2/Default.aspx

    Montreal MCT, Jan 31, 2007
  14. America rocks... Say Hi to all my peeps in Redmond when you are there.
    And I want a shirt this time!

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 1, 2007
  15. Keith Chilton

    Montreal MCT Guest

    A shirt... what size?

    Montreal MCT, Feb 1, 2007
  16. Large will work... Last time I was at Microsoft Campus for the SBM
    Nation Conference, I came with a second wardrobe from all the free
    shirts they gave out. :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 1, 2007
  17. Keith Chilton

    A.G.Tyson Guest

    Try getcertify4less.com for disacount vouchers

    A.G.Tyson, Feb 1, 2007
  18. Keith Chilton

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Yeah, well when they pay you to be there you don't get free wardrobes...
    though the next time I'm at my office at SMB Nation I can look in the
    warehouse...

    Montreal MCT, Feb 1, 2007