Vote *NO* on reorganization

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert McClenon, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. ATTENTION VOTERS!!!!

    If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize the
    rec.photo** groups, your email address will be
    demunged from the result and posted to alt.spam, misc.test, and
    hundreds of other newsgroups for the harvest bots to krawl....

    *LIKE* *THIS*

    Adnan Al-Mazroa
    Alfredo Stromboli
    Aaron M. Ucko
    Andrew Cassese
    Curtis Armstrong
    Arturo Stromboli
    Nathan Musco
    Lorne Wandell
    Jordan Knight
    Dan Vande More
    Scott Keller
    Robert Carradine
    Thom Borton
    Niels Olof Bouvin
    Maurice Queen
    Bradley Whitford
    Brian Tochi
    Lucia Vega
    Calvin Kim
    David G. Roth
    Chong Lai
    Chris Barnes
    Christian Knoke
    Chris Krolczyk
    Mike Collio
    Fidel Rhodes
    Dorothy Zbornak
    Danny Wood
    David E. Smith
    Dave Sill
    Demetrius Stamos
    Blanche Devereaux
    Trevor Tymchuk
    Dimitri Cestovani
    David Pye
    Joseph Botte
    Ekkehard Uthke
    Enrico Stromboli
    Alice Hirson
    Tristan Etovekaf
    Gus Falk
    Christoph Gysin
    Frederick Noronha
    Peter J Ross
    Anthony Edwards
    Jason Z Christie
    Christopher J. Hawley
    Heidi Karp
    Nina Hernandez
    Helen Willis
    Hugo Stromboli
    Pedro Alejandro
    Jada Stromboli
    Jeb Simon
    Jon Knight
    Juergen Bethke
    Joe Morris
    Joey Stromboli
    John Forbes
    Jonis Cohen
    Josie Lauer
    Juan Vega
    Julie Montgomery
    Julio Nostra
    Enzo Stromboli Junior
    Keith Hanlan
    Keith Lexington
    Larry B Scott
    Leo Stromboli
    Mabel King
    Grant Washington
    Mario Stromboli
    Hans Martens
    Martha Moore
    Joe McIntyre
    Michal Rosa
    Biff Mullins
    Eduard Petrov
    Louis Browne
    Neil Woods
    Rose Nylund
    Donald Gibb
    Patrick Bragg
    Troy Ekamper
    Sophia Petrillo
    Sal Gallo
    Jessica Portolano
    Peter Smyth
    Paul Zoda
    Robert Marshall
    Roberto Stromboli
    Rosa Stromboli
    Sally Parker
    Sam Dunn
    Santa Stromboli
    Sara Brady
    Ana Sbet
    David Strum
    Ralf Schlatterbeck
    Sean Kormilo
    Simon Leinen
    Steven Lucas
    Sofie Jansen
    Stefano Ghirlanda
    Thomas Spraggins
    Jennifer C Taylor
    Ted McGinley
    Tim Busfield
    Tomasz Brzezinski
    Tony Stromboli
    Pete Douglaston
    Ulysses Paige
    Victor Jones
    Vic Dura
    Mark Wahlberg
    David Wohl
    Georges LaRouche
    Zeke Williams
    Jules Dubois

    These assholes voted *YES* for comp.os.linux.xbox! They were not
    warned, but you are! ;)

    If you vote yes on this proposal, your email in the result list will be
    demunged and posted to 100++ gr00ps!
    How do I know? A little bird named Lionel told me!
    :))))))))))))

    - - Bob McClenon
    Robert McClenon, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Robert McClenon

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Robert McClenon wrote:

> [...]
    > Heidi Karp
    > Nina Hernandez
    > Helen Willis
    > Hugo Stromboli
    > Pedro Alejandro
    > Jada Stromboli
    > Jeb Simon
    > Jon Knight
    > Juergen Bethke
    > Joe Morris
    > Joey Stromboli
    > John Forbes
    > Jonis Cohen
    > Josie Lauer
    > Juan Vega
    > Julie Montgomery
    > Julio Nostra
    > Enzo Stromboli Junior
    > Keith Hanlan
    > Keith Lexington
    > Larry B Scott
    > Leo Stromboli
    > Mabel King
    > Grant Washington
    > Mario Stromboli
    > Hans Martens
    > Martha Moore
    > Joe McIntyre
    > Michal Rosa
    > Biff Mullins
    > Eduard Petrov
    > Louis Browne
    > Neil Woods
    > Rose Nylund
    > Donald Gibb
    > Patrick Bragg
    > Troy Ekamper
    > Sophia Petrillo
    > Sal Gallo
    > Jessica Portolano
    > Peter Smyth
    > Paul Zoda
    > Robert Marshall
    > Roberto Stromboli
    > Rosa Stromboli
    > Sally Parker
    > Sam Dunn
    > Santa Stromboli
    > Sara Brady
    > Ana Sbet
    > David Strum
    > Ralf Schlatterbeck
    > Sean Kormilo
    > Simon Leinen
    > Steven Lucas
    > Sofie Jansen
    > Stefano Ghirlanda
    > Thomas Spraggins
    > Jennifer C Taylor
    > Ted McGinley
    > Tim Busfield
    > Tomasz Brzezinski
    > Tony Stromboli
    > Pete Douglaston
    > Ulysses Paige
    > Victor Jones
    > Vic Dura
    > Mark Wahlberg
    > David Wohl
    > Georges LaRouche
    > Zeke Williams
    > Jules Dubois
    >
    > These assholes voted *YES* for comp.os.linux.xbox! They were not
    > warned, but you are! ;)
    >
    > If you vote yes on this proposal, your email in the result list will be
    > demunged and posted to 100++ gr00ps!
    > How do I know? A little bird named Lionel told me!

    Sounds like threatened cyberterrorism to me. And the only response to
    terrorism that makes sense is to go on about your life as though the
    threat didn't exist. Otherwise, you might just as well stop living.
    So, screw this threat!
    Ron Hunter, Sep 10, 2004

  3. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:19:25 -0500, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote:

    >A troll claiming to be Robert McClenon wrote:
    >
    >> ATTENTION VOTERS!!!!
    >>
    >> If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize the
    >> rec.photo** groups, your email address will be
    >> demunged from the result and posted to alt.spam, misc.test, and
    >> hundreds of other newsgroups for the harvest bots to krawl....
    >>
    >> *LIKE* *THIS*

    [names deleted]

    >> These assholes voted *YES* for comp.os.linux.xbox! They were not
    >> warned, but you are! ;)
    >>
    >> If you vote yes on this proposal, your email in the result list will be
    >> demunged and posted to 100++ gr00ps!
    >> How do I know? A little bird named Lionel told me!
    >> :))))))))))))
    >>

    >> - - Bob McClenon
    >>

    >Sounds like threatened cyberterrorism to me. And the only response to
    >terrorism that makes sense is to go on about your life as though the
    >threat didn't exist. Otherwise, you might just as well stop living.
    >So, screw this threat!

    I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    process.

    - - Bob McClenon
    Robert McClenon, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Robert McClenon wrote:

    > I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    > be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    > process.

    So, calling that quivering mass of chicken shit a Troll is insulting to
    trolls, no?

    Partly kidding, but this sort of threat is far beyond any concept I ever
    had of what Trolls did.

    What's really too bad from another angle is the people who do this sort
    of crap are too lacking in communications skills to make a difference.
    Or just pissed off.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 10, 2004
  5. "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > Robert McClenon wrote:
    >
    >> I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    >> be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    >> process.
    >>

    > So, calling that quivering mass of chicken shit a Troll is insulting to
    > trolls, no?
    >
    > Partly kidding, but this sort of threat is far beyond any concept I ever
    > had of what Trolls did.
    >
    > What's really too bad from another angle is the people who do this sort of
    > crap are too lacking in communications skills to make a difference. Or
    > just pissed off.

    Like the VP of the US, I guess. He said that not re-electing him and Bush
    would cause more terrorist attacks on the US.

    Marvin Margoshes, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Marvin Margoshes wrote:

    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Robert McClenon wrote:
    >>

    >>>I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    >>>be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    >>>process.
    >>>

    >>So, calling that quivering mass of chicken shit a Troll is insulting to
    >>trolls, no?
    >>
    >>Partly kidding, but this sort of threat is far beyond any concept I ever
    >>had of what Trolls did.
    >>
    >>What's really too bad from another angle is the people who do this sort of
    >>crap are too lacking in communications skills to make a difference. Or
    >>just pissed off.

    I'd really like this to not divert to politics. There are people out
    there in pain. Maybe we can listen.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Robert McClenon

    Charlie Self Guest

    Marvin Margoshes responds:

    >Like the VP of the US, I guess. He said that not re-electing him and Bush
    >would cause more terrorist attacks on the US.

    Oh, he 'splained that later. Said he didn't mean what he said, but never did
    say what he did mean. Or did he? I think someone in power got him by the short
    and curlies and tugged, while whispering in his ear that he was foolish to say
    what he really meant to say because it sound as if he were arrogant. He is, of
    course. Arrogant, I mean. But hey, no one knows that.

    Charlie Self
    "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
    hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill
    Charlie Self, Sep 10, 2004
  8. Robert McClenon

    Kimberlee Guest

    Oh! Where do I vote?!?
    ~Kimberlee

    Kimberlee, Sep 10, 2004
  9. "Robert McClenon" <> writes:

    > ATTENTION VOTERS!!!!
    >
    > If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize
    > the rec.photo** groups, your email address will be demunged from the
    > result and posted to alt.spam, misc.test, and hundreds of other
    > newsgroups for the harvest bots to krawl....
    >
    > *LIKE* *THIS*

    [actual emails snipped, not that it matters]

    I've complained to google groups, where a quick reading of the headers
    suggests it was posted from (to be sure, a newsadmin would have to
    verify from his logs that he actually received your message from
    google groups; but I'm sure *they'll* know if it really originated
    there).

    Since I'm in the habit of posting with my normal email address to many
    groups, this is certainly not a good way to discourage me.

    Meanwhile, it certainly shows what kind of irrational fear-driven
    assholes are opposing the new group!
    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 10, 2004
  10. Robert McClenon <> writes:

    > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:19:25 -0500, Ron Hunter <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A troll claiming to be Robert McClenon wrote:
    >>
    >>> ATTENTION VOTERS!!!!
    >>>
    >>> If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize the
    >>> rec.photo** groups, your email address will be
    >>> demunged from the result and posted to alt.spam, misc.test, and
    >>> hundreds of other newsgroups for the harvest bots to krawl....
    >>>
    >>> *LIKE* *THIS*
    >>>

    > [names deleted]
    >>>
    >>> These assholes voted *YES* for comp.os.linux.xbox! They were not
    >>> warned, but you are! ;)
    >>>
    >>> If you vote yes on this proposal, your email in the result list will be
    >>> demunged and posted to 100++ gr00ps!
    >>> How do I know? A little bird named Lionel told me!
    >>> :))))))))))))
    >>>

    >>> - - Bob McClenon
    >>>

    >>Sounds like threatened cyberterrorism to me. And the only response to
    >>terrorism that makes sense is to go on about your life as though the
    >>threat didn't exist. Otherwise, you might just as well stop living.
    >>So, screw this threat!

    > I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    > be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    > process.

    I kinda guessed it wasn't actually by you -- and made my complaint to
    google, rather than to your ISP. You might want to complain to google
    that this guy is stealing your identity using their services, though.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 10, 2004
  11. Robert McClenon

    bob Guest

    "Robert McClenon" <> wrote in news:chrkr8
    $:

    > If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize the
    > rec.photo** groups, your email address will be

    I hadn't really been planning on voting at all, but now I'm sort of
    motivated to vote yes.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
    bob, Sep 11, 2004
  12. "Kimberlee" <> wrote in

    > Oh! Where do I vote?!?
    > ~Kimberlee

    Please ignore the troll impersonating the real Robert McClenon. The CFV
    will be posted to this newsgroup at the end of the minimum 21-day
    discussion phase.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Sep 11, 2004
  13. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:25:04 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <>
    wrote:

    >Robert McClenon <> writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:19:25 -0500, Ron Hunter <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A troll claiming to be Robert McClenon wrote:

    [flaming threats omitted]

    >>>Sounds like threatened cyberterrorism to me. And the only response to
    >>>terrorism that makes sense is to go on about your life as though the
    >>>threat didn't exist. Otherwise, you might just as well stop living.
    >>>So, screw this threat!

    >> I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    >> be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    >> process.

    >I kinda guessed it wasn't actually by you -- and made my complaint to
    >google, rather than to your ISP. You might want to complain to google
    >that this guy is stealing your identity using their services, though.

    I did complain to Google. Copies of my complaints to Google can be
    viewed via Google in NANAS. I also stated that this Usenet abuser is
    trying to interfere with the Usenet voting process, and so is
    endangering the long-term viability of Usenet, and that Usenet is a
    resource that Google archives, so that he is working against Google's
    interests.

    If you also complained to Google, thank you.

    - - Bob McClenon
    Robert McClenon, Sep 11, 2004
  14. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:20:49 GMT, John McWilliams <>
    wrote:

    >Robert McClenon wrote:
    >
    >> I agree that it is threatened cyberterrorism. Also, that post is not
    >> be me, but by the troll who is trying to disrupt the newsgroup voting
    >> process.
    >>

    >So, calling that quivering mass of chicken shit a Troll is insulting to
    >trolls, no?

    I would say that signing that stupid post with my name is insulting to
    me.

    If you are saying that there are trolls who are a nuisance and trolls
    who behave even worse, I think I agree. Usenet has never been a model
    of civilized behavior, but perhaps you are saying that some behavior,
    such as threats using false identities, are completely over the edge.

    >Partly kidding, but this sort of threat is far beyond any concept I ever
    >had of what Trolls did.

    This is what trolls do when they don't believe that even trolls should
    follow a few rules, and when their way of life sitting under a bridge
    and harassing travelers is threatened by the proposed construction of
    other bridges.

    >What's really too bad from another angle is the people who do this sort
    >of crap are too lacking in communications skills to make a difference.
    >Or just pissed off.

    If you are saying that one can even feel a little perverse sympathy
    for the troll, then I sort of agree.

    - - Bob McClenon
    Robert McClenon, Sep 11, 2004
  15. Robert McClenon

    Maxx Pollare Guest

    The voice of "Robert McClenon" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
    from the sea of virtual chaos...

    > ATTENTION VOTERS!!!!
    >
    > If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize
    > the rec.photo** groups, your email address will be
    > demunged from the result and posted to alt.spam, misc.test, and
    > hundreds of other newsgroups for the harvest bots to krawl....
    >
    > *LIKE* *THIS*

    <snip>

    > These assholes voted *YES* for comp.os.linux.xbox! They were not
    > warned, but you are! ;)

    And your point is?

    FYI - "De-Munging" my public address makes it invalid, and since it's
    changed frequently I could care less if it gets harvested. Hell, if
    email spam gets too bad I can just swap-n-drop aliases again. I have a
    near infinite supply, limited only by my own imagination.

    So I'll take this as an empty threat... };8)

    --
    Maxx Pollare, a "small god" in his own mind...
    Maxx Pollare, Sep 11, 2004
  16. Maxx Pollare <> writes:

    >So I'll take this as an empty threat... };8)

    It's also an empty threat for people who have been posting under our
    real names and email addresses.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Sep 12, 2004
  17. Dave Martindale wrote:
    > Maxx Pollare <> writes:
    >

    >>So I'll take this as an empty threat... };8)

    > It's also an empty threat for people who have been posting under our
    > real names and email addresses.

    Bingo!

    Here's an idea for you, anonymous threatener:

    Do post (anonymously, of course) *why* you are so keen on disrupting the
    photo groups. That is, if you have the courage to even do that.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 12, 2004
  18. Robert McClenon

    John Bean Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:36:05 +0000 (UTC), Dave Martindale wrote:

    > Maxx Pollare <> writes:
    >
    >>So I'll take this as an empty threat... };8)

    > It's also an empty threat for people who have been posting under our
    > real names and email addresses.

    Well said Dave, how true. I've never participated in voting here, but
    similar and worse threats have been used in votes the uk.* hierarchy and
    seem to cause the opposite effect the threatener intended. Usually this is a
    good thing so please don't discourage it ;-)

    --
    John Bean

    The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up
    there's no law against wacking them around a little (Joe Martin)
    John Bean, Sep 12, 2004
  19. Robert McClenon

    Paul J Gans Guest

    David Dyer-Bennet <> wrote:
    >"Robert McClenon" <> writes:

    >> ATTENTION VOTERS!!!!
    >>
    >> If you plan to vote *YES* on Alan Browne's proposal to reorganize
    >> the rec.photo** groups, your email address will be demunged from the
    >> result and posted to alt.spam, misc.test, and hundreds of other
    >> newsgroups for the harvest bots to krawl....
    >>
    >> *LIKE* *THIS*
    >>

    >[actual emails snipped, not that it matters]

    >I've complained to google groups, where a quick reading of the headers
    >suggests it was posted from (to be sure, a newsadmin would have to
    >verify from his logs that he actually received your message from
    >google groups; but I'm sure *they'll* know if it really originated
    >there).

    >Since I'm in the habit of posting with my normal email address to many
    >groups, this is certainly not a good way to discourage me.

    >Meanwhile, it certainly shows what kind of irrational fear-driven
    >assholes are opposing the new group!

    Agreed.

    I tend to feel that voting yes on new groups (unless there is
    an excellent reason not to) is a good thing. Why? If the
    new group does not catch on, then nobody will read it.

    It doesn't really cause any problems.

    And if it does work, well, great!

    ---- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, Sep 13, 2004
  20. Robert McClenon

    Paul J Gans Guest

    John Bean <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:36:05 +0000 (UTC), Dave Martindale wrote:

    >> Maxx Pollare <> writes:
    >>
    >>>So I'll take this as an empty threat... };8)

    >> It's also an empty threat for people who have been posting under our
    >> real names and email addresses.

    >Well said Dave, how true. I've never participated in voting here, but
    >similar and worse threats have been used in votes the uk.* hierarchy and
    >seem to cause the opposite effect the threatener intended. Usually this is a
    >good thing so please don't discourage it ;-)

    It will be interesting to see how the person making the threats
    actually votes -- if he votes.

    ---- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, Sep 13, 2004