Vote for a 64-bit Java Plug-in

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by stretchboy, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. stretchboy

    stretchboy Guest

    Currently Sun isn't giving anyone any idea of when/if they are going t
    develop a 64-bit browser java plugin
    You know why you're here - you've been searching for a plugin, wel
    now's your chance to tell Sun to get their act together!

    To show them we want it we must vote! That's right vote!!
    There is a Request For Enhancement in place to add a 64-bit plugin an
    we need to vote for it so Sun starts paying attention to us

    Ok, so I know you want to - but how you're asking?

    Well *first you register* at the sun developers site here
    'https://softwarereg.sun.com/registration/de.../en_US/new_user
    (https://softwarereg.sun.com/registration/developer/en_US/new_user

    *Then you vote* here
    -You should be able to vote three times! So do it
    And don't forget to fill in the comments box to tell them just ho
    important it is

    Then you can visit here (this is the RFE Top 25) on a daily basis t
    see how the RFE is going
    http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/top25_rfes.d

    --
    stretchbo
    stretchboy's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=154

    stretchboy, Nov 15, 2005

  2. "stretchboy" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > Currently Sun isn't giving anyone any idea of when/if they are going to
    > develop a 64-bit browser java plugin.

    I hope this isn't the one you are talking about, "Support Java Plug-in on
    64-bit AMD Opteron." Because Windows XP x64 also work with the AMD 64, AMD
    x2 64, Intel EMT-64.

    It should have been, Support Java Plug-in for 64 bit browsers and/or apps in
    Windows XP x64.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 15, 2005

  3. stretchboy wrote:
    > Currently Sun isn't giving anyone any idea of when/if they are going
    > to develop a 64-bit browser java plugin.
    > You know why you're here - you've been searching for a plugin, well
    > now's your chance to tell Sun to get their act together!!

    Honestly, I never understood why anyone wanted a 64bit browser plugin. If
    you need that much memory in an applet something is seriously wrong IMHO.

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Nov 16, 2005
  4. "Robert Klemme" <> wrote in message
    > Honestly, I never understood why anyone wanted a 64bit browser plugin. If
    > you need that much memory in an applet something is seriously wrong IMHO.
    >
    > robert

    Robert, the 64 bit version of IE is much more responisve. Remember,
    programs running in 64 bit is more than just their ability to use extra
    memory, it is also the extra cpu operands that 64 bit cpus have access to.
    :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 16, 2005
  5. It is like driving your Ferrari (IE64) without the blond (java x64) and the
    leather seats (x64 activex). :)))
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005
  6. "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > It is like driving your Ferrari (IE64) without the blond (java x64) and
    > the
    > leather seats (x64 activex). :)))
    > Carlos

    ROFLOL. That is a great analogy, Carlos. :) (but I prefer brunettes,
    with pale skin and big breasts ROFLOL)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Nov 16, 2005
  7. Ah, a Firefox fan. :)