    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 120,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    Sarah Molly, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Sarah Molly

    Darrell Guest

    As soon as GP remembers all his alaises...

    Darrell, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Sarah Molly

    bmoag Guest

    From the attention Sigma receives one gets the impression Sigma is a major
    photographic player.
    However real world distribution of Sigma products seems actually very
    limited, particularly in the United States.
    I can personally attest to the near complete lack of Sigma as a retail
    presence in Los Angeles, imaging media capitol of the world. If you cannot
    buy Sigma products in Los Angeles, apart from "special order," I doubt the
    situration is much different elsewhere.
    However I guess the world is a big enough place that even a small niche
    marketer like Sigma has its fans.

    bmoag, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Sarah Molly

    Mark² Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > From the attention Sigma receives one gets the impression Sigma is a major
    > photographic player.
    > However real world distribution of Sigma products seems actually very
    > limited, particularly in the United States.
    > I can personally attest to the near complete lack of Sigma as a retail
    > presence in Los Angeles, imaging media capitol of the world. If you cannot
    > buy Sigma products in Los Angeles, apart from "special order," I doubt the
    > situration is much different elsewhere.
    > However I guess the world is a big enough place that even a small niche
    > marketer like Sigma has its fans.

    Numerous shops I've been to refuse to carry Sigma lenses, citing that they
    are (to quote two workers at two different stores) "crap."

    I think the more accurate reason is that shops get sick of having customers
    come in with either sticky or broken lenses, wanting a refund, or...people
    wanting to know why their relativelyl new Sigma lens won't work on their new
    camera body.
    For photo stores, I would immagine Sigma does wonders for losing you
    customers.

    Mark², Jul 5, 2005
  5. Sarah Molly

    Tony Guest

    Why can't the three Sigma owners in the world and George Preddy, who
    actually owns no camera but apparently either makes money from Sigma or is
    simply insane, get it together, do their vote, get their forum, and drop the
    subject?

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Tony wrote:
    > Why can't the three Sigma owners in the world and George Preddy, who
    > actually owns no camera but apparently either makes money from Sigma or is
    > simply insane, get it together, do their vote, get their forum, and drop the
    > subject?

    Nah, that won't happen. And there's no George, no Molly, either. But
    their pretend friends might total almost enough to make a Yahoo! group...

    --
    John McWilliams

    Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The
    flight attendant looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one
    carrion allowed per passenger."

    John McWilliams, Jul 6, 2005
  7. "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > From the attention Sigma receives one gets the impression Sigma is a major
    > photographic player.
    > However real world distribution of Sigma products seems actually very
    > limited, particularly in the United States.
    > I can personally attest to the near complete lack of Sigma as a retail
    > presence in Los Angeles, imaging media capitol of the world. If you cannot
    > buy Sigma products in Los Angeles, apart from "special order," I doubt the
    > situration is much different elsewhere.
    > However I guess the world is a big enough place that even a small niche
    > marketer like Sigma has its fans.

    Ever heard of Samys? Check out their store in LA. All five floors.

    Dave R knows who, Jul 6, 2005