    phone I'm using is a Panasonic Dect phone not sure which model. Any ideas
    what this could be?
    Thanks in advance

    Phil, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Phil

    Fred Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:4500681f$0$1377$...
    > When someone rings my new Vonage set up they get about 4 rings before my
    > phone starts ringing. I have just transferred from Freetalk and am using
    > the Motorola VT2442-VU. I have done a few test rings to my Vonage set up
    > using another line and I can see that the router is telling my phone to
    > ring as soon as I hear the ringing tone on the other line as one of the
    > LED's starts flashing but it just takes 4 or so rings for my phone
    > connected to the Vonage set up to actually start ringing. I have tried
    > putting in an ADSL filter in between the VT2442 and my phone but this
    > makes no difference. The phone I'm using is a Panasonic Dect phone not
    > sure which model. Any ideas what this could be?
    > Thanks in advance

    Hi Phil
    How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk? I am with Freetalk
    presently but not keen to switch over to Vonage as we had alot of call
    quality issues with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
    Thanks
    Fred.

    Fred, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Phil

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >> When someone rings my new Vonage set up they get about 4 rings before my
    >> phone starts ringing. I have just transferred from Freetalk and am using
    >> the Motorola VT2442-VU. I have done a few test rings to my Vonage set up
    >> using another line and I can see that the router is telling my phone to
    >> ring as soon as I hear the ringing tone on the other line as one of the
    >> LED's starts flashing but it just takes 4 or so rings for my phone
    >> connected to the Vonage set up to actually start ringing. I have tried
    >> putting in an ADSL filter in between the VT2442 and my phone but this
    >> makes no difference. The phone I'm using is a Panasonic Dect phone not
    >> sure which model. Any ideas what this could be?
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>

    > Hi Phil
    > How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk? I am with Freetalk
    > presently but not keen to switch over to Vonage as we had alot of call
    > quality issues with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
    > Thanks
    > Fred.

    Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND Vonage, (as I am
    mid-way through transfering from FT to Vo), and the quality on Vonage is
    very good. Very clear, no crackling, delays etc.

    I'm impressed.

    ^^artnada^^, Sep 8, 2006
  4. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    > Fred wrote:

    [snip]

    > > Hi Phil
    > > How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk?
    > > I am with Freetalk presently but not keen to switch
    > > over to Vonage as we had alot of call quality issues
    > > with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
    > > Thanks Fred.

    > Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND
    > Vonage, (as I am mid-way through transfering from FT to
    > Vo), and the quality on Vonage is very good. Very clear,
    > no crackling, delays etc.

    So it should be for the price they charge. For what it's worth, I get
    excellent call quality on Sipgate for free, but I suppose I mustn't say
    that. Too bad.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Phil

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    >> Fred wrote:

    > [snip]
    >
    >>> Hi Phil
    >>> How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk?
    >>> I am with Freetalk presently but not keen to switch
    >>> over to Vonage as we had alot of call quality issues
    >>> with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
    >>> Thanks Fred.

    >> Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND
    >> Vonage, (as I am mid-way through transfering from FT to
    >> Vo), and the quality on Vonage is very good. Very clear,
    >> no crackling, delays etc.

    > So it should be for the price they charge. For what it's worth, I get
    > excellent call quality on Sipgate for free, but I suppose I mustn't say
    > that. Too bad.
    >
    > Ivor

    Why sound so negative Ivor? No one here is mocking "free" providers. Fred
    asked a simple question and I answered him, then you come along with your
    "negative sounding vibes"?

    Calm down dear. It's only a thread. :)

    ^^artnada^^, Sep 8, 2006
  6. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:35:11 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    >> Fred wrote:

    >[snip]
    >
    >> > Hi Phil
    >> > How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk?
    >> > I am with Freetalk presently but not keen to switch
    >> > over to Vonage as we had alot of call quality issues
    >> > with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
    >> > Thanks Fred.

    >> Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND
    >> Vonage, (as I am mid-way through transfering from FT to
    >> Vo), and the quality on Vonage is very good. Very clear,
    >> no crackling, delays etc.

    >So it should be for the price they charge. For what it's worth, I get
    >excellent call quality on Sipgate for free, but I suppose I mustn't say
    >that. Too bad.
    >
    >Ivor

    So sipgate have started giving free calls to the UK and all of Irland
    have they Ivor In anycase I am not so stingy that I mind paying
    around 26p a day for a damn good service in every way with access to
    tecnical support in real time 24/7 not by poxy email during working
    hours . There arn't any pockets in shrouds Ivor in case you didn't
    know .

    , Sep 8, 2006
  7. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:10:28 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    <> wrote:

    >Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    >>> Fred wrote:

    >> [snip]

    >>> Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND
    >>> Vonage, (as I am mid-way through transfering from FT to
    >>> Vo), and the quality on Vonage is very good. Very clear,
    >>> no crackling, delays etc.

    >> So it should be for the price they charge. For what it's worth, I get
    >> excellent call quality on Sipgate for free, but I suppose I mustn't say
    >> that. Too bad.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    >Why sound so negative Ivor? No one here is mocking "free" providers. Fred
    >asked a simple question and I answered him, then you come along with your
    >"negative sounding vibes"?
    >
    >Calm down dear. It's only a thread. :)

    If something isn't free Ivor doesn't want to know by the sounds of
    things .

    , Sep 8, 2006
  8. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in
    > > message
    > > > Fred wrote:

    > > [snip]

    > > > Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND
    > > > Vonage, (as I am mid-way through transfering from FT
    > > > to Vo), and the quality on Vonage is very good. Very
    > > > clear, no crackling, delays etc.

    > > So it should be for the price they charge. For what
    > > it's worth, I get excellent call quality on Sipgate for
    > > free, but I suppose I mustn't say that. Too bad.
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Why sound so negative Ivor? No one here is mocking "free"
    > providers.

    You haven't been reading Dex's posts then, have you..!

    > Fred asked a simple question and I answered
    > him, then you come along with your "negative sounding
    > vibes"?

    I didn't understand a word of that..!

    > Calm down dear. It's only a thread. :)

    The trouble with threads is they unravel.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 8, 2006
  9. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > If something isn't free Ivor doesn't want to know by the
    > sounds of things .

    Not at all. I just don't see the point of paying for something when I
    *can* get it free.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 8, 2006
  10. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > So sipgate have started giving free calls to the UK and
    > all of Irland have they Ivor In anycase I am not so
    > stingy that I mind paying around 26p a day for a damn
    > good service in every way with access to tecnical support
    > in real time 24/7 not by poxy email during working hours
    > . There arn't any pockets in shrouds Ivor in case you
    > didn't know .

    They're not free if you've got to pay 26p a day for them, are they..?!

    Look up "free" in a dictionary.

    I bet I pay less per month for my phone service than you do, even allowing
    for the fact that I pay for some of the calls I make. Most of my calls are
    to other Sipgate users, so they *are* free.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 8, 2006
  11. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:14:47 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> If something isn't free Ivor doesn't want to know by the
    >> sounds of things .

    >Not at all. I just don't see the point of paying for something when I
    >*can* get it free.
    >
    >Ivor

    Ah so you can make calls to any 01 and 02 numbers for free from
    sipgate can you ? I can with Vonage and could also with FT when they
    where around . Pity really that it wasn't sipgate that went down the
    pan .

    , Sep 8, 2006
  12. Phil

    Al Guest

    On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:35:11 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

    >So it should be for the price they charge. For what it's worth, I get
    >excellent call quality on Sipgate for free, but I suppose I mustn't say
    >that. Too bad.

    Since when have Sipgate been offering free outgoing calls?

    Al, Sep 8, 2006
  13. Phil

    Jono Guest

    Al submitted this idea :
    > On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:35:11 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >> So it should be for the price they charge. For what it's worth, I get
    >> excellent call quality on Sipgate for free, but I suppose I mustn't say
    >> that. Too bad.

    > Since when have Sipgate been offering free outgoing calls?

    ....since forever, unless you mean to the PSTN....? Most of Ivor's calls
    are to other Sipgate users. His free calls to other users are of
    excellent quality. As will his calls to non-free PSTN numbers, I should
    imagine (as are mine)

    Jono, Sep 8, 2006
  14. Phil

    Fred Guest

    "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    > Fred wrote:
    >> "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>> When someone rings my new Vonage set up they get about 4 rings before my
    >>> phone starts ringing. I have just transferred from Freetalk and am using
    >>> the Motorola VT2442-VU. I have done a few test rings to my Vonage set up
    >>> using another line and I can see that the router is telling my phone to
    >>> ring as soon as I hear the ringing tone on the other line as one of the
    >>> LED's starts flashing but it just takes 4 or so rings for my phone
    >>> connected to the Vonage set up to actually start ringing. I have tried
    >>> putting in an ADSL filter in between the VT2442 and my phone but this
    >>> makes no difference. The phone I'm using is a Panasonic Dect phone not
    >>> sure which model. Any ideas what this could be?
    >>> Thanks in advance
    >>>

    >> Hi Phil
    >> How do you find the call quality compared to Freetalk? I am with Freetalk
    >> presently but not keen to switch over to Vonage as we had alot of call
    >> quality issues with their service whereas Freetalk worked perfectly.
    >> Thanks
    >> Fred.

    > Fred, hope I can help. I currently have Freetalk, AND Vonage, (as I am
    > mid-way through transfering from FT to Vo), and the quality on Vonage is
    > very good. Very clear, no crackling, delays etc.
    >
    > I'm impressed.

    Hi Phil
    Thanks for replying. Can I ask a further question? How long have you had the
    Vonage service running for and have the parties you are calling commented on
    the call quality at all? The reason I ask is that when I had Vonage 9/10 I
    could hear the othe rparty very clearly. It was the other party who
    complained of cracks/pops/delays/echoes. If you would be interested in
    making a test call with me then that would be excellent too. My real email
    address is fglaser85*nospam*@hotmail.com. Remove nospam obviously to email
    me.
    Thanks
    Fred.

    Fred, Sep 8, 2006
  15. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:16:49 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >They're not free if you've got to pay 26p a day for them, are they..?!

    I do not pay a single penny for my calls all my calls are to other FT
    now Vonage customers all I pay for is the service and even if I call
    other 01 and 02 numbers they are still free with Vonage 24/7 as are
    calls to Vonage temselves 24/7 and can speak with a real live person
    not some goon hiding behind an email address .
    It is a very poor company that won't allow its customers to call them
    by telephone or provide telephone support .

    , Sep 8, 2006
  16. Phil

    Al Guest

    On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:50:30 +0100, Jono wrote:

    >Al submitted this idea :

    >> Since when have Sipgate been offering free outgoing calls?

    >...since forever, unless you mean to the PSTN....? Most of Ivor's calls
    >are to other Sipgate users.

    Then Ivor lives in a different planet from mine. My calls are almost
    exclusively to numbers starting 01 or 02. I don't need to know the
    name of their supplier, I just know them as normal UK advertised
    telephone numbers.

    Al, Sep 8, 2006
  17. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 23:07:37 +0100, Al <.@_.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:50:30 +0100, Jono wrote:
    >
    >>Al submitted this idea :

    >>> Since when have Sipgate been offering free outgoing calls?

    >>...since forever, unless you mean to the PSTN....? Most of Ivor's calls
    >>are to other Sipgate users.

    >Then Ivor lives in a different planet from mine. My calls are almost
    >exclusively to numbers starting 01 or 02. I don't need to know the
    >name of their supplier, I just know them as normal UK advertised
    >telephone numbers.

    But you see Ivor probably is only calling people he has cajoled into
    signing up with Sipgate with his once forever trying to make out that
    Sipgate was the best thing since sliced bread every other provider
    was/is rubbish compared with his glorious sipgate .
    You know I am almost certain he is getting a back hander from Sipgate
    even when they once closed the service down for over 48 hrs he had
    nothing but praise for the damned company .

    , Sep 9, 2006
  18. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Ah so you can make calls to any 01 and 02 numbers for
    > free from sipgate can you ? I can with Vonage and could
    > also with FT when they where around . Pity really that it
    > wasn't sipgate that went down the pan .

    No, but neither can you. You have to pay £x per month.

    As I told you before, the majority of my calls are to other Sipgate users,
    which *are* free, without paying anything per month for the privilege. The
    odd few calls I make to ordinary numbers cost me maybe 30p per month if
    that. I put £20 on my first Sipgate number which I got in September 2004
    just after they first started, I still have over £12.50 on that account.

    How much are you paying for your "free" calls again..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 9, 2006
  19. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:16:49 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > They're not free if you've got to pay 26p a day for
    > > them, are they..?!

    > I do not pay a single penny for my calls all my calls are
    > to other FT now Vonage customers all I pay for is the
    > service and even if I call other 01 and 02 numbers they
    > are still free with Vonage 24/7

    No they're not, they're inclusive. If you didn't pay the monthly charge,
    you'd be cut off. You're like those people who think they're getting
    "free" calls on their mobiles, they're not getting any such thing, they're
    getting *inclusive* minutes as part of the contract.

    > as are calls to Vonage
    > temselves 24/7 and can speak with a real live person not
    > some goon hiding behind an email address .

    Says a man who is doing precisely that. Why don't you post with your real
    name, Ron..?

    > It is a very poor company that won't allow its customers
    > to call them by telephone or provide telephone support .

    Not in the opinion of the *majority* of Sipgate customers. You're not even
    a customer, so you have no say in the matter whatsoever.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 9, 2006
  20. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:35:11 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    > > So it should be for the price they charge. For what
    > > it's worth, I get excellent call quality on Sipgate for
    > > free, but I suppose I mustn't say that. Too bad.

    > Since when have Sipgate been offering free outgoing calls?

    Define free. Calls to other Sipgate users and those other networks with
    peering agreements are free. As probably 95% of my calls come under this
    heading, I'd say that I'm getting a good deal.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 9, 2006