Vonage - sign up for US service

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:42:35 +0100, "eclipse"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone in the EU tried signing up for the US Vonage service?
    >
    >For the same monthly payout they get 500 minutes of calls in North America
    >included, isnt it a better deal?

    I don't think you could do this but if you can you would not get the
    "free" calls in the UK .

    , Oct 4, 2005

  2. eclipse Guest

    eclipse, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Tone Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone in the EU tried signing up for the US Vonage service?
    >
    >For the same monthly payout they get 500 minutes of calls in North America
    >included, isnt it a better deal?

    Yes if you want 500 minutes of free calls in N America

    --

    Just livin' the Vida Sofa

    Tone, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Mark Ingle Guest

    > Has anyone in the EU tried signing up for the US Vonage service?
    >
    > For the same monthly payout they get 500 minutes of calls in North America
    > included, isnt it a better deal?

    I looked at this since I want a US geographic number; however, they seem
    to require that your billing/credit card address is in the US:

    * You need a US shipping address (no PO boxes) and a US credit/debit
    card

    Mark Ingle, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Mark Ingle wrote:

    " * You need a US shipping address (no PO boxes) and a US credit/debit
    card"

    The ATA has to be delivered to a US, or Canadian, street address. The
    debit, or credit, card must be billed to a US, or Canadian address.
    The billing address can be a PO Box.

    A.

    Adrian Auer-Hudson, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Lansbury Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 23:35:35 +0100, (Mark
    Ingle) wrote:

    >I looked at this since I want a US geographic number; however, they seem
    >to require that your billing/credit card address is in the US:
    >
    > * You need a US shipping address (no PO boxes) and a US credit/debit
    >card

    Can I suggest Iconnecthere.com. (that is the letter I before connect). I use
    them for my US number, they bill my UK credit card and ship the Linksys PAP2
    to the UK. Been very pleased with the service(s) they offer.

    -
    Lansbury
    www.uk-air.net
    FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

    Lansbury, Oct 6, 2005
  7. Mark Ingle Guest

    Lansbury <> wrote:

    > Can I suggest Iconnecthere.com. (that is the letter I before connect). I use
    > them for my US number, they bill my UK credit card and ship the Linksys PAP2
    > to the UK. Been very pleased with the service(s) they offer.

    Thanks for that tip; the open access prices are very good, and
    international call rates are cheaper than VOIPfone which I currently
    use. Is the call quality reasonable (there appears to be a minimum 1
    year contract so I want to make sure before signing up).

    Mark Ingle, Oct 8, 2005