  1. I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage account, how
    is the sound quality?
    can they tell the difference from a regualr phone line.

    sergio Fernandez, May 19, 2005

  2. sergio Fernandez

    Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:46:17 GMT, "sergio Fernandez"
    <> wrote:

    >I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage account, how
    >is the sound quality?
    >can they tell the difference from a regualr phone line.

    N o one we have called has ever remarked on it!

    , May 20, 2005

  3. >I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage
    >account, how is the sound quality? can they tell the difference from
    >a regualr phone line.

    When I first signed up for Vonage in early 2004 the quality was quite
    good, close to a landline. Then it deteriorated to the point that by
    early this year more often than not I was utterly unable to understand
    the other party.

    Multiple attempts to contact Vonage by e-mail and phone were unsuccessful
    so I ended up dumping them and switching to Lingo whose service has been
    reasonably good.

    My connection is a T1 that is not particularly heavily loaded, so I
    don't think the problem was at this end.

    John R. Levine, May 20, 2005
  4. just a bit concered... just signed up, and when I called to set up my voice
    message until the unit arrives.
    the qulity of the recording did sound bad, but i will wait until the unit
    gets here.

    I was trying sunrocket, and the quality of the conversation was great, the
    only problem was they took for ever to get incoming calls active.

    so, I'm trying vonage.... but, from the recording of my voice message... the
    quality of teh play back did seem pretty bad.

    I hope the quality is as good as sunrocket once I get the unit.

    sergio Fernandez, May 20, 2005
  5. actually I set the forward feature, and had someone call me, and its ounded
    pretty good.
    I think sunrocket may have sounded just a bit better, but the quality is
    good.

    sergio Fernandez, May 20, 2005