    Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    features, but what about the service and reliability?

    Thanks, BB
    BB, Apr 29, 2006

  2. BB

    fred Guest

    "BB" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    > features, but what about the service and reliability?
    >
    > Thanks, BB

    Hi BB
    I have Freetalk and really like it. Call quality has been very good
    overall-no noticeable difference to a landline. Plus you dont get dropouts
    or lag like you can get on Skype. In fact I have to be careful I dont get my
    handsets mixed up with the landline dect phones I have as the only way I
    know thedifference between Freetalk connection and Telewest is to dial 1571
    to hear the voicemail greeting! (one of my dect phones seems to like
    switching base when switched off now and again!) The only thing you have to
    watch is that you are charged 3p a minute if you go over an hour in a call.
    Vonage do not do this as the calls are ruly unlimited. Vonage also offer
    access to the emergency services whereas Freetalk do not. I thought of
    trying Vonage myself but read some ropey reviews of their customer services.
    You can get Vonage in Comet which is handy if you must give it a go and
    Freetalk is supposedly in all DSG stores but in practice I had to go to PC
    World.
    Fred.
    fred, Apr 29, 2006

  3. BB

    Guest

    On 29 Apr 2006 03:04:39 -0700, "BB" <> wrote:

    >Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    >features, but what about the service and reliability?
    >
    >Thanks, BB

    No difference if you do jot want the useful extra
    features go with Freetalk service is equally excellent
    from both.depending on exactly what you want out of a
    service Voipfone is just as good and much cheaper just stay well away
    from Sipgate if you want trouble free service .
    , Apr 29, 2006
  4. BB

    Mark Ingle Guest

    BB <> wrote:

    > Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    > features, but what about the service and reliability?

    I've got a Vonage account, though I signed up to the US service as I
    wanted inclusive calls to the US, plus a US number (I think this costs
    extra with the UK service). With the US service, this costs 14.99 US
    dollars and includes 500 minutes to the US and Canada.

    The voice quality is excellent, even for other international calls; and
    in all the time I have had it, I've never had a problem with
    reliability.

    I used to use VOIPfone, but although they were cheap, the call quality
    was very variable, and at times terrible; when dialing internationally,
    it was often difficult to get through.
    Mark Ingle, Apr 30, 2006
  5. Mark Ingle wrote:
    > BB <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    >> features, but what about the service and reliability?
    >>

    > I've got a Vonage account, though I signed up to the US service as I
    > wanted inclusive calls to the US, plus a US number (I think this costs
    > extra with the UK service). With the US service, this costs 14.99 US
    > dollars and includes 500 minutes to the US and Canada.
    >
    > The voice quality is excellent, even for other international calls; and
    > in all the time I have had it, I've never had a problem with
    > reliability.
    >
    > I used to use VOIPfone, but although they were cheap, the call quality
    > was very variable, and at times terrible; when dialing internationally,
    > it was often difficult to get through.

    I'm thinking of getting an incoming service from voipfone. Has anybody
    else been suffering these problems?
    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 30, 2006
  6. BB

    Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:49:58 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >Mark Ingle wrote:
    >> BB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    >>> features, but what about the service and reliability?
    >>>

    >> I've got a Vonage account, though I signed up to the US service as I
    >> wanted inclusive calls to the US, plus a US number (I think this costs
    >> extra with the UK service). With the US service, this costs 14.99 US
    >> dollars and includes 500 minutes to the US and Canada.
    >>
    >> The voice quality is excellent, even for other international calls; and
    >> in all the time I have had it, I've never had a problem with
    >> reliability.
    >>
    >> I used to use VOIPfone, but although they were cheap, the call quality
    >> was very variable, and at times terrible; when dialing internationally,
    >> it was often difficult to get through.

    >I'm thinking of getting an incoming service from voipfone. Has anybody
    >else been suffering these problems?

    No problems with my voipfone account Tom but it is only used for
    incoming calls plus outgoing via their mobile call back service so
    cannot comment on what the guy above has said .
    , Apr 30, 2006
  7. BB

    fred Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    > Mark Ingle wrote:
    >> BB <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone had experience of these two. Vonage has a couple of useful extra
    >>> features, but what about the service and reliability?
    >>>

    >> I've got a Vonage account, though I signed up to the US service as I
    >> wanted inclusive calls to the US, plus a US number (I think this costs
    >> extra with the UK service). With the US service, this costs 14.99 US
    >> dollars and includes 500 minutes to the US and Canada.
    >>
    >> The voice quality is excellent, even for other international calls; and
    >> in all the time I have had it, I've never had a problem with
    >> reliability.
    >>
    >> I used to use VOIPfone, but although they were cheap, the call quality
    >> was very variable, and at times terrible; when dialing internationally,
    >> it was often difficult to get through.

    > I'm thinking of getting an incoming service from voipfone. Has anybody

    > else been suffering these problems?

    ditch these cheap unreliable providers -theres no such thing as a free lunch
    remember!
    fred, May 5, 2006
  8. BB

    Guest

    On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:54:57 GMT, "fred" <>
    wrote:

    >ditch these cheap unreliable providers -theres no such thing as a free lunch
    >remember!

    Nothing unreliable about Voipfone Fred sure you don't mean Sipgate
    when you say "cheap unreliable providers"
    , May 5, 2006
  9. BB

    fred Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:54:57 GMT, "fred" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>ditch these cheap unreliable providers -theres no such thing as a free
    >>lunch
    >>remember!

    > Nothing unreliable about Voipfone Fred sure you don't mean Sipgate
    > when you say "cheap unreliable providers"

    Quite possibly-I get mixed up by al these voip names!
    fred, May 5, 2006
  10. BB

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "fred" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:54:57 GMT, "fred"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > > > ditch these cheap unreliable providers -theres no
    > > > such thing as a free lunch
    > > > remember!

    > > Nothing unreliable about Voipfone Fred sure you don't
    > > mean Sipgate when you say "cheap unreliable providers"

    > Quite possibly-I get mixed up by al these voip names!

    Take no notice of him Fred, he has a bee in his bonnet about Sipgate.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 5, 2006