Vonage include 056 numbers?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Anti Spam Bloke, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. Hi

    Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

    Anti Spam Bloke, Jan 23, 2007

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 23, 2007

  3. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:cquth.277$...
    > Thus spaketh Anti Spam Bloke:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

    > I don't know, but then I'm sure you do actually know and will post as such
    > shortly. You seem quite good at that.
    >

    > --
    > 60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    > Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
    > Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
    the BT cost...
    Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
    Daytime 4.89p per minute
    Evening 2p per minute
    Weekend 1.18p per minute...

    ....and they said they'll look into it.

    Anti Spam Bloke, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Anti Spam Bloke

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-23, Anti Spam Bloke <> wrote:

    > I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
    > the BT cost...
    > Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
    > Daytime 4.89p per minute
    > Evening 2p per minute
    > Weekend 1.18p per minute...

    BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
    Together Option 1 at

    http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/consumer/home/home_phone/bt_together.html

    differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
    your information?

    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 23, 2007
  5. Anti Spam Bloke

    Jono Guest

    Brian formulated on Tuesday :
    > On 2007-01-23, Anti Spam Bloke <> wrote:
    >
    >> I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
    >> the BT cost...
    >> Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
    >> Daytime 4.89p per minute
    >> Evening 2p per minute
    >> Weekend 1.18p per minute...

    > BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
    > Together Option 1 at
    >
    > http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/consumer/home/home_phone/bt_together.html
    >
    > differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
    > your information?
    >
    > Brian.

    This
    <http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0025_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5>
    shows the price group.

    This
    <http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0016_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5>
    shows the prices for the groups

    g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

    Jono, Jan 23, 2007
  6. Anti Spam Bloke

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-23, Jono <> wrote:

    > Brian formulated on Tuesday :
    >> BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
    >> Together Option 1 at
    >>
    >> http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/consumer/home/home_phone/bt_together.html
    >>
    >> differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
    >> your information?
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > This
    ><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0025_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5>
    > shows the price group.
    >
    > This
    ><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0016_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5>
    > shows the prices for the groups
    >
    > g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

    Thanks. If I understand it correctly that is a Basic Inland Call Charge.
    Being on BT Together Option 1, like many residential subscribers, is
    quite an advantage compared with that rate and what Vonage charge.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 23, 2007
  7. Anti Spam Bloke

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <ep670s$nq3$1$>, Brian
    <> writes
    >On 2007-01-23, Jono <> wrote:
    >> This
    >><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/002
    >>5_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5>
    >> shows the price group.
    >>
    >> This
    >><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/001
    >>6_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5>
    >> shows the prices for the groups
    >>
    >> g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

    >Thanks. If I understand it correctly that is a Basic Inland Call Charge.
    >Being on BT Together Option 1, like many residential subscribers, is
    >quite an advantage compared with that rate and what Vonage charge.

    Yep. And most of BT's residential customers are on BT Together Option 1
    by default.

    For customers on BT Together, confirmation that calls to numbers
    beginning with 056 (g21) are charged at the same rate as calls to
    geographical numbers can be found in section 55 of the BT Price List.

    Presumably one reason for keeping the prices of local and national calls
    at a higher rate in section 2 of the Price List is to justify the cost
    of calls to revenue sharing numbers, such as 0845 and 0870.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

    Martin Jay, Jan 24, 2007